www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as everyone else has said, it's great what you are doing. please keep us updated, nathan. i'll bring the family for a camping/discing outing once the place is open. it sounds like it will be a gorgeous course with some challenging holes hopefully. can't wait to play!!!
Mike and Charles.....Well.....depending on the type of camping you like to do you'll either love it or hate it. There are NO electrical campsites.....primitive only.....but for me.....that's the way I like it anyway! I can't wait for spring so that we can work on it! (even though we hope to do some of the work this winter as weather permits) But when spring gets here and everything greens back up I'll be sure to post pictures of how the work is going! As far as the challenging part of the course goes.....I think we're looking at about a 50 / 50 mix of challenging holes and those that will be more out in the open.....but even a couple of those in the open will have some good distance on them. I don't think there's even 1 hole that won't have trees, or other vegetation that could possibly come into play with just a bit of a wayward throw.....just some really nice open fairways wide enough to grip it and rip it....but not toooooo wide that you don't have to be a little careful! And then there are those holes that will challenge even the best disc golfer in the wooded areas. I WANNA GET STARTED ON IT NOW!!! (hahaha)

Hey Charles.....where will you be coming from when you come to play?
Keep it challenging !!!!
I'm hoping that it will be challenging enough for the most hardcore players but at the same time a wee bit friendly to the new players.....as pretty much everyone around here will be new when it opens! But I know what cha mean Donny....At the same time you don't want people who do play regularly to only come 1 time.....you want them coming back again and again and again.....and trust me.....that's what I'm shooting for.
Hey all! Just another quick update. We went to our local Do-It-Best Hardware Store yesterday to see if when sping gets here they would be willing to make me a deal on Saccrete (concrete mix) and they said that when I was ready to come back in and they would sell it to me at their cost! AND deliver it to the site for free! When your talking about more than 950 bags when it's all said and done THAT'LL be quite a savings! They also said that they wanted to sponsor a hole also! So now I'll need to add 3 more holes and get 2 more sponsors! That'll make 24 holes now when it's all said and done! My dad said....."That's it.....as cool as this is we need to shut it off somewhere. Another Scout can add more holes later for another project but we're gonna need to concentrate on being able to finish what we've got now." So now I'll try to do some smaller fundraisers to try and take care of all the smaller things that'll need to be done. Hopefully a couple of others sponsors will step forward in the next couple of months.....if not then we'll approach some places one on one till we find them. C'MON SPRING!!!
This is amazing...I wish I was there to help...
do you have a map showing what the course will look like? I can't wait to make the trip down to play.
Nick.....ME TOO!!! Come spring we're gonna need ALL the help we can get! But WHAT FUN!!!

Cassidy.....There is no map as yet.....as it has just kept on changing! As we begin to work on it I'll be sure to take some pictures.....maybe even this winter.....just so you can all see the layout of some of the holes.....they might be a bit ugly with the bare trees and brown plants and such.....but I think you guys would still enjoy them. Where will you be coming from?
I will be coming from just west of Detroit, Mi. Are you going to hold a grand opening tournament?
i'll be coming from the mobile bay area of alabama. probably a 10 hour drive. maybe i'll hit a course or two on the way.
Cassidy.....Cool! When it gets closer to time I'll have my dad give ya directions! As far as a Grand Opening Tournament goes....Who knows? I've only thought about having a Grand Opening Weekend so far, just to let everyone know it's open.....I'd have NO idea how to run a Tourney! But hey.....maybe that can get sorted out between now and then. We're hoping to have it ready to play by Mid-June at the latest....it'll all just depend on the spring weather. The town where I live.....Frankfort.....(Indiana).....has a Hot Dog Festival towards the end of July every year.....and I know there's been at least some talk about tying in a Tourney to the festival.....but again.....that's preliminary at best!

Charles....GREAT.....straight up I-65 to the Frankfort exit, which is State Road 28, (I'll get the number of the exit later), head east on 28 till you get to a little town called Jefferson.....(if you start seeing a bunch of factories on both sides of the road you've gone too far.....I'll get you better directions later also) anyway, turn left into Jefferson and when you come to the stop sign turn left again.....a couple of blocks up the road and you'll see another road that angles off to your right....take that road and follow it for maybe5 miles or so to county road 200.....turn right again and about a half mile up the road is the entrance to Camp Cullom on the right.....pull into the Camp and sign the book at a stand there that asks why you're there.....PLEASE CHECK THE DISC GOLF BOX!!! (hahaha) on your right will be some prarie grass and ahead of you will be the nature center.....turn left just before you get to the nature center and there is parking in that area,,,,,also the spot where the course will begin and end!
Hey Nathan...I'm in the state for Christmas. Yesterday (Christmas day) I was in Lafayette visiting my brother and I had to make the drive to Noblesville to visit my sister and other brother. Decided to stop by Cullum since it's practically on the way. We drove by the camp and it looks like you have a pretty nice piece of land to work with! I can't wait to play it hopefully this summer when I come back to visit! I hope things are going well! Peace!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968