www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow...this is pretty awesome. Thanks for the update. I think hole 18 with the forked tree will be a pretty cool hole when you get that tree behind taken out. Number 10 with the arched tree is gonna be a VERY tough hole...can't wait to play that one. Hole 19 is a sweet hole too. I lost the disc I used on that hole. I was playing the other day and looked down in my bag and it was gone...retraced my steps and it was nowhere to be found....kinda disappointing. Also lost my first run boss in a pond in Noblesville...that was disappinting too. Got replacements, just hope they will fly the same. Funny thing is my wife will actually be up north on the 18th of April...not in Indiana though. She'll be in Iowa to see her family. I do wish I could help out though. Wow...19 out of 24 ready for baskets and tees...sweet. I was wondering if you got ahold of that lawyer that my brother told you about for possible sponsorship and if so did he sponsor ya? Also, did you get some of those big blue barrels for trashcans? Overall, as always, things sound pretty awesome. Keep us posted!
hey now,you will go far in this world.Keep up your positive attitude.Your set goal isn't too far away,accomplish your clean up in order to get the course set properly without the added headache of players rushing to play.Your last sentence sums up your goal.A job well done Scout.The salute goes out to you and your fellow scouts/helpers.Enjoy your course when finished,Perhaps the road will take me to the course someday,until then Congratulations.Peace
As an old scouter, the thrill is in the doing ........... and you're doing ........... it's like that rope bridge to cross the river ......... concieve, work together and get it done well ........ what you're doing here you can put in your pocket and will be able to pull it out at anytime in the future and it will allow you to accomplish other great positive things ...... enjoy your accomplishment.
Hey Nathan...what's the latest? Have you had any good weather lately to get some things done? I was wondering if you got ahold of that lawyer that my brother told you about for possible sponsorship and if so did he sponsor ya? Also, did you get some of those big blue barrels for trashcans? Let us know!
Wow what park are you building it at? I recently got my eagle too, and my friend tried to get a course put in for his eagle but couldnt get permission, is it a public park or what?
Nick.....sorry I haven't been keeping things updated here very well lately.....even though the weather has been LESS than cooperative we've still managed to get A LOT done! I haven't contacted that lawyer as yet as I've had another family here locally step forward and want to sponsor a hole.....which leaves me with just 1.....and I think.....though I'm not positive.....that the guy who is going to do the signs for me is going to sponsor the last hole.....if he doesn't.....then I'll try to contact the lawyer. I haven't gotten any blue barrels yet.....but our local IMI Building (cement contractors) told me to check back with them when I get closer to opening the course. We did take some more pics out there this past weekend and I'll try to get them posted here shortly. I just wish things would leaf out and green up so I can take better pics to show everyone just what a beautiful place this really is. By the way.....with this latest donation and with 1 hole left to go.....I'll cross the $14,000.00 mark in contributions thus far.....with an additional $2,800.00 still pledged for June. There's also going to be another softball tourney fundraiser held in late May, and perhaps a "Dining to Donate" event with Applebees. I have another idea or 2 if I need more money later to finish this project up.

Kevin.....The place where I'm putting this course in is a Youth Camp.....in the 1940's the grounds were donated to the Girl Scouts who in turn invited the Boy Scouts to join them several years later. In the early 1960's it changed and was just made in to a Youth Camp.....in fact.....the camp is owned by the youth of the county.....a volunteer Board of Directors oversees the running of the camp. There are several "Primitive" campsites throughout the park, a REALLY nice Observatory, several acres of Prarie Grass.....a Nature Center.....a Lodge.....hiking trails.....etc. The Camp is open to the Public pretty much on a daily basis.....the Bot Scout winter "Klondike Derby" Campout is held there every year and other Camporees are held there on a rotating basis. Where ya from?
Well hey, it sounds like things are going pretty well still. Yeah, when the leaves come it will look much better...but those TIGHT fairways will be even tighter! Wow...still can't wait to play the course. Let us know when you get those pics up that you took...can't wait to see 'em! Have a good one!
I'm uploading some pics that I will choose from to show as I type this. We've increased the distance on 9 or 10 of the holes since you were up for the tour. The distances I have shown on the photos will be the OLD distances.....as we've yet to measure the new placements. Hoping for GREAT weather this Saturday as I'm having a Scout workday from 10 - 3. Coming up?
Nathan said:
I'm uploading some pics that I will choose from to show as I type this. We've increased the distance on 9 or 10 of the holes since you were up for the tour. The distances I have shown on the photos will be the OLD distances.....as we've yet to measure the new placements. Hoping for GREAT weather this Saturday as I'm having a Scout workday from 10 - 3. Coming up?

I wish I could...but no.
I was just harrassing ya.....I know ya would if ya could.
Ok.....for anyone interested.....if you go to my page and click on Albums.....you can get an idea from start to finish what it is I'm working on.
Nathan said:
Ok.....for anyone interested.....if you go to my page and click on Albums.....you can get an idea from start to finish what it is I'm working on.

Saw the pics. Looks great! I believe it still works better if you view the pics in reverse, correct?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968