www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nick.....yeah.....doggone it! If ya just go to my page and scroll down on the left hand side till ya get to Albums and click on the one that has a pic on it.....they'll pop up in the correct order.....albeit rather small.....but ya can click on each individual pic and see it much larger.
Welllllllllll.......quite the day! Had the Scouts out for a clean-up day and also managed to get a few of the sleeves for the posts in the ground! Ok......so we still have an incredibly long way to go.....but to see something go into the ground today was a huge boost!
Sounds great...that is pretty exciting. Did you get a lot of the wood cleared? Do you have all of the cutting done now?

Nathan said:
Welllllllllll.......quite the day! Had the Scouts out for a clean-up day and also managed to get a few of the sleeves for the posts in the ground! Ok......so we still have an incredibly long way to go.....but to see something go into the ground today was a huge boost!
Gonna go back out this afternoon or tomorrow.....depending on the weather.....could be as late as Wednesday.....just to see what all they did get picked up.....I was everywhere Saturday.....and by the time we were ready to call it a day.....dad and I were too pooped out to walk back through the woods to see what it ended up looking like and how much is left to do. Pretty much all of the cutting is done now.....some bigger pieces will have to be cut down to a size that we can handle.....and there are a handful of places where we still need to prune and brush cut. We got the sleeves set for the practice basket and the ones for hoes 1-9. Gonna try and get most of the rest of the sleeves set by the end of this week and then we'll need to start looking at building the 3 sets of steps we need and the 1 bridge I still have to build.. After all of that we'll start looking at starting to work on the Tees. Makes me tired just talking about it!
hey now,just curious about the badge and what it will look like after this Scout Project.Will it be a standard work badge or perhaps you should/could design the badge patch.Congrats again on your project.Peace
Designing one isn't a bad idea mr ed.....but I imagine there's a sort of standard one given out. Just another thanks to you for your words of encouragement!
Later this afternoon one of the designers is gonna come up and take a look at what we've done so far! I think he's gonna like what he sees! Soon we're gonna hafta start the work on steps. That'll be another big undertaking!
New update! The guy who's gonna do all of my signs came out to the camp yesterday and took some pics and did some sketching. Some of you may want to check with him after he finishes these signs and ya see his work. I'll keep ya posted on it.
By the way.....Things are FINALLY starting to green up! The wildflowers are in full bloom! The course is really taking shape.....if only I was all finished!
Hey nathan I have just been reading about this new course! I am from northern IN (I don't really know where frankfort is?) Anyways, I would love to travel to your course and check it out! I didn't read all of this becuase there are 18 pages LOL! But it looks like you have everything setup just waiting for the final steps (setting baskets, concrete pads)
Hey Mike! Well....I'm getting there slowly but surely! I still have 3 sets of steps and a bridge to build along with the Tees. We're in the process of setting the sleeves in the ground for the baskets.....we REALLY need some nice weather so that we can get back out there on it! Where abouts in Northern Indiana are you from? I'll give ya directions on how to get to the course. Wanna come down before it's open to see what we're working on or just wait till it's finished?
Sorry Mike.....see my reply above your post!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968