www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe a better view of the first set.

Another view of the second set of steps.

This picture is looking down the first set of steps that we're building....looking across to where we're building the second set. Here's how it works....The 18th hole will play to the basket that will be over near the bottom of the steps you can see us working on....for the 19th hole you'll go up those stairs and take a few steps to the left and throw across the valley pictured here....go back down the stairs....cross the bridge....climb the steps from where this picture was taken and the basket will be several steps to your left as you get to the top of the stairs.
Beautiful!
Hey Nick! YOU'VE SEEN where this hole is....looking different?
Yeah, man...this looks awesome! I'm still hoping for it to be finished by the time I come up in July but I understand if it's not...weather hasn't been cooperative.
How much more do you have to do after the stairs?
So you're almost done with the steps? You have most if not all of the clearing done? You have most if not all of the posts set for the baskets? The majority of the work you have left is installing the tees. Is this correct?
Nick.....We may stick the baskets out before you get here as the building they are being stored in has other uses later this month and next. We REALLY need a dozen or so people to show up with gas-powered weed wackers and go over the entire course! The weeds are SOOOOOO high right now as we haven't been able to spray them yet due to the onslaught of rain! Need to know we have several DRY days coming in a row so that we can spray!

Cassidy.....We're almost done with...2...sets of the stairs.....we still have another set to build. Dad says we're gonna concentrate on getting the landings built for the first 2 sets before we worry too much about the 3rd set. Then we'll put the handrails on those and they'll be finished. We also have a bridge to build ourselves and another one another Scout is doing for his project.

Nick.....There is still a relative small amount of clearing to do....5 sleeves to set.....and yes....A BUNCH OF TEES!
Just a quick word here.....There won't be any updates for a while.....unless my dad decides to do it.....I've shown him what to do here.....as I am leaving EARLY in the morning for a 9 day trip to Costa Rica with some of the members of my Spanish Class! If the rain around here decides to let up they might have 2 of the staircases completed by the time I get back.....and maybe even a start on the third.....Take care everyone!
Have a safe trip.
Have a fun, safe time. Say hi to the "celebrities" for me!...haha

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968