www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nate,
It's been awhile since I saw and contributed to this thread. I checked out that video link and wanted to say congratulations for all 4000 hours you put into the course. From the video it looked awesome. How many sets of stairs did you guys build???
Hey All!!

Sorry it's been a while since I posted anything but I've been sooooo busy with Senior year stuff that it's been hard to find ANY spare time! After some visits to different colleges I did pick one so at least THAT'S out of the way!

Mike....sorry I didn't reply....but I don't even remember getting a notice that you posted here! We built 3 sets of stairs and a couple of bridges. The stairs are 38 steps up....and a step off....38 steps up and a step off....and 41 steps up...and a step off! Both bridges are a little over 20 feet in length.

And just to let you all know.....the weekend of April 17th there is going to be a sanctioned tourney held there already! How cool is that?

See you all next time!

Nathan
Hey Nathan...I was just thinkin about this thread the other day and meant to get on here and leave ya a message. That's pretty awesome that there's gonna be a sanctioned tournament at the course already! The good news is at I'll be in the area this summer in mid-July. The bad news is that I might not be able to play the course...but I'm gonna try! Hope all is good with you...gotta be gettin excited to be done with high school...what college did ya choose?
N I C K ! ! ! How ya been? I hope you can play while you're here! Let me know for sure when you're coming! Everything here is going well! It is sooooooooo cool that there's already gonna be a sanctioned tourney at the course! People from EVERYWHERE have been turning up to play!

Since you're familiar with the area you'll know the school....I chose Ball State University! I've already been accepted not only to the University....but also into the major I wanted! I start there this fall and will be majoring in architecture.
Awesome...I thought about doing the exact thing...going to Ball State for architecture.

Right now the plan is to be in Indiana from July 14th to the 19th. I'll let you know for sure later whether I'll be able to make it over to play. Really want to but my wife and I are expecting our first baby in the next few weeks so things might be crazy. Did you ever have more of those sweatshirts made to sell?...the ones you were wearing in the video?
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

I can get you a sweatshirt orrrrrrr if you'd prefer....a Tee-Shirt.....let me know colors and sizes and I'll get them made and we can settle up when you're up visiting. VERY REASONABLE by the way!
Thanks!

A tee-shirt would be awesome. I'll take gray if you have it. I need a 2x. If they run small or have a tendency to shrink a lot, maybe 3x. I'll get it when I'm up there in July or if for some reason I can't make it, I'll pay ya to have it shipped. Lookin forward to it!

After the tournament, will the results be on pdga.com so I can see who all played and what the scores were?
Oh, I found it:

http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=10150

Now I just gotta remember to go back after the tourney and check the results!
Thanks Ross! I'm hoping to specialize in the Bio-Mimicry part of architecture in building design at this time...but who knows what the case may be a year or 2 from now. Wish you were close enough to come check it out.....it's not a perfect course by any means....but for one that's only been open a total of about 4 to 4 1/2 months.....it's not bad!

Nick.....The first Pro/Am tourney was held here this weekend.....I'm guessing they had about 25 - 30 participants for each of the tourneys. I know some of the Pros loved the course....and some....well...not so much...(hahaha)...but I'm good with that! I did what I set out to do and THAT is what's important to me! The course is definitely challenging! The top Pro finished with a 2 round (48 holes) score of I believe 3 under par. And he LOVED the course!

It was cool to see so many good players playing!
Ohhhhhhh heyyyyyy.....By the way Nick......I have your shirt! I went ahead with the double X just in case......it's a light gray colored shirt with Black Silk-Screening. (It'll give ya a reason to come check out the course when your up this summer!)
Awesome...thanks for gettin the shirt...I'll do my best to make it over.

Sounds like the tourney was a success! That's so cool. The people that didn't like it probably felt that way because they thought it was too hard, which I think it awesome. IMO, there are too many courses out there that are way too easy. It's good to see a course that challenges even the top players! A job well done!

One of my friends from Peru played over the weekend. Not sure if he played in the tourney or not but I asked him what he thought and he said it was a very beautiful course but so hard!
Congratulations are in order for your accomplishments;4000 hr for an Eagle Scout project,exceptance to a college plus the major wanted.Architect was always facinating,enjoy Frank LLyod Wright's buildings/projects.The Sarasota School of Architect back around that time frame was very similar.Lakeland's Florida Sothern College has FLW's architect design.Enjoy your college years,we'll see ya on the fairway.Peace

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968