www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nick...you're more than welcome! Can't wait to get the shirt to you! The course is a BIG challenge from the Pro Tees......the Ams are much kinder....but can still be a challenge....and all of that is exactly what I set out to do.

MR. ED!! Great to hear from you again! When ya gonna come play? THANK YOU for the congrats on the course and my choice of Major. It'll be a tough road....but should be worth it all in the end
Nathan! I'm gonna be in the area July 15 through 21. Weather permitting, I'll be at the course to play a round with some other guys at least one of those days. It's definitely on my agenda! I was just wondering if you could send me a private message with the cost of the t-shirt. I don't usually carry cash so I wanna make sure I have some to pay for the shirt. Let me know...hope your summer is goin great!
N I C K ! ! ! Sorrrryyyy....I've been soooo busy gettin ready for college and working this summer! The shirt will be just $10. P L E A S E let me know which day you're gonna try to be here....so I can meet you at the course....or my dad....or if nothing else we can get the shirt to the course and you can pick it up from the Park Ranger. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON MY FRIEND!
Best of luck in college and your future.See ya on some fairway someday.Hit chains.

There's an old saying.."see ya in the funny papers.."Peace
Hey Nathan, I'm in the area now and will most likely be over there to play a round within the next few days. Hard to tell exactly what day because I have to see what my buddies are up to and also what the weather is gonna do. I'll try to let you know ahead of time but it may be a last minute decision to head over there. It may be best for me to pick up the shirt from the park ranger. I'll still try to let ya know but just in case you don't get the message in time. Have a good one!
NICK! The ranger has your shirt and we told him your first name...If I don't see ya...I at least hope you get to play the course....Let me know!
Thanks Mr. Ed. You've been a GREAT supporter all along this effort....hope to meet you someday!
Hope to see some of your architect in the near future,think green.keep your head on level,but have fun.Peace
Hey, I actually went and played the course yesterday with my dad and my two brothers. I wasn't able to let u know ahead of time because it was kinda a spur-of-the-moment decision and I didn't have internet access. So I wasn't able to pick up the shirt because I wasn't sure if the ranger had it or even where the ranger was but the good news is that I finally got to play the course I've been waiting to play for what seems like forever! It was AWESOME! Two of the holes were closed (3 and 4 I think) but other than that we had a super great time. We played the pro tees but I think the next time I play it I'll play the am tees. Not because I want it to be easier but because the am tees make the course play totally different. Overall, I got mostly 3's, a few 4's, and maybe one or two 5's. I also got two 2's. One of the deuces was on hole 24...sweet tee shot that parked about 15 feet short of the pin and the other was on either 17 or 18, can't remember which. I'm so glad the rain held off for us cuz I was gonna be pretty upset if I didn't get to play it! Great job on the course! The steps and bridges were sweet too!
I would give the possible "investors" something in return... Maybe on the sign for the hole put a plug for their business or somehow incorporate some kind of promotions for the people funding it. I would offer plaques on tee boxes, signage, etc. in hopes that it might return the favor by bringing them business. And make sure the people taking advantage of the course know who paid for it... just a thought. (if I threw u a few grand, I'd want some advertising for my business) and think outside the box too, lawyers, CPA's, and maybe the local newspaper. I'd try it all man, like every course ive been to you must share it with the people that arent playing (normally mud sharks) so that means a disc golf course isnt intrusive to a park *it can still be used for whatever even though theres a few baskets n concrete pads in the distance*
Funny you should mention...."Think Green"....One of the most exciting aspects of architecture for me is the relatively new part of it...."Biomimicry"....It's where they are studying nature to best see how it's designs can benefit mankind....it's VERY EXCITING! Some cool stuff is just beyond the horizon....can't wait to be a part of it!
Nick....sorry I missed ya...but glad ya got to play the course! I'll get the shirt back from the ranger and get your address and send it to ya! Holes 3 and 4 were closed due to a wedding that was going to be taking place.

Have the grounds changed a bit since you did that walk-through with us soooooo long ago?

The steps and bridges turned out even better than I had hoped!

SORRY I MISSED YA THOUGH!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968