www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://www.google.com/trends?q=disc+golf

I actually look forward to fall and winter, when I can play and not soak through all my clothes. Played a mini yesterday from 10a-12:30p and went through 64 oz of water and still felt heat-strokish.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

don't wanna offend..but heat in the summer is PART of the game.....
90 degrees yesterday. I started at 8:30am and ended at 4:30pm. I played close to 100 holes. I went through 3 40oz waters/gatorades. I felt fine the whole time... but when I got home I could barely hold my eyes open. I love a nice fall day but like McFarlane says, summer is a part of the game... a crucial part. To me... winter sucks!
There is always a flip side. I moved from Dallas to NE Minnisota these guys play when its -40 outside and five feet of snow is cosidered a slow winter. Hard to have a grip when you cant feel the disc. And people wonder why the southern states are the melting pot of the north..
The main reason I started the thread was the Google Trends link, that shows far more searches for "disc golf" in the Spring & Summer than other times. Seems like the wisdom of the Google Crowds says disc golf is more popular (at least more searched about) in the S&S.

Regardless of whether being really hot or cold is PART of the game, it's more FUN to play when the weather is perfect, the skeeters are manageable and the alligators are sluggish, which is from about early Oct to late Mar here. Yeah, I play when it's not perfect, but I'd rather play when it is. Strange, I know.
I'm with you. I want 60 degrees, no wind and overcast. 3 days a year in MI. I want the fall / winter to come.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968