www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been thinking about getting a portable basket to practice on, but I'm not sure what I should buy. I want to keep the weight low, but I don't want something low quality. What can y'all recommend?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely a DGA Mach Lite. It folds up to the size of most fold up chairs, is super easy to put up and take down, and it catches almost exactly the same as a Mach 3 or 5. It's also built to be almost the exact size and shape of a Mach 3 or 5, so if that's what you have at the course, you're getting good practice.
I love my Ching!
I have a Lightening DB-5...18 outer chains...4 pieces can be Planted. Thinking about adding some Inner chains. 179.00 shipping included and two discs.
Just got a DB-5 & a Discatcher Sport recently.

The DB-5 is solid, thicker, and a little heavier than the Sport. Adding inner chains to the DB-5 was also easier and better placed than the Sport model.

The Sport is not as ugly as the DB-5 and has a smoother finish. It seems to have a little bit more stability than the DB-5. Adding innner chains is not too hard, but you'll have to modify it somewhat to have the inner chains lined up where you want them.

So far they both catch very well, but I need to throw more and break them to find out which is better.
I have the DGA Mach Lite, and this basket can be taken down and set up in less that a minute! It holds just about every toss you put in the chains. Has a nice bag that slides over it once folded up and you're ready to go. It is a great basket and you can get it for under $150. I definitely recommend it!
I am in the process of ordering a DB5- is this the basket you're talking about?
This is exciting to read so many great things about this basket!
Thanks,
I've got one of these and just added some chain from wal-mart to stop the blow by. Its pretty awesome now. Had it for 3 yrs now.
I own an Innova Discatcher fold up basket. I paid $115 for it at a local shop. I love this thing; it folds up or out in less than 10 seconds. I've carried it on my back to all kinds of great places; hardly realize its there. It almost catches too good, grabbing some putts that maybe would not have stuck.
I love it and plan on buying one of each of the other two colors available.

-Derek
It doesn't really matter. Buy the cheapest thing you can find or putt at a post or small tree.

Even the best permanent baskets don't catch well (except Spiderwebs). For putting practice all you want is a target. If you can train yourself to hit a small target that skill will translate well to any type basket you encounter.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968