www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been thinking about getting a portable basket to practice on, but I'm not sure what I should buy. I want to keep the weight low, but I don't want something low quality. What can y'all recommend?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

or a dga m-14 metal basket is nice folds down to a managible compact size as well.
I got a DGA M-14 last August and while I don't practice as much as I should, it does everything well-- good balance, lightweight and collapses down enough to fit in the trunk of the Saturn easily. It's a little lighter-grade chain than Innova's so I get more blow-thru's but thats a small price for a PDGA tournament approved basket that was less than $140 with shipping.
I've got one of these and just added some chain from wal-mart to stop the blow by. Its pretty awesome now. Had it for 3 yrs now.
the only thing i don't like about the skillshot is that the links are not welded,so it leaves sharp joints that chew up discs.
You should also consider the Lightning portable basket. It is by FAR the best made portable basket. It is heavier than Innova and DGA's portables, because it is made with thicker metal and heavier chains. It is the same price as the other ones, but is the closest thing to a course worthy basket as you can get. And if you add another set of chains... it is money. Oh, and it can be assemled and disassembled in about 2 minutes.
I am in the process of ordering a DB5- is this the basket you're talking about?
This is exciting to read so many great things about this basket!
Thanks,
I've had a DGA Mach Lite since they first came out, maybe two years ago. Mine is still in excellent shape, not a single tear or problem. Legs are straight as new.
IMO, this is the only portable basket I would own. It's regulation size, and to me, that makes a difference. I've putted the other portables, and never liked them much. I'm not saying they are bad ... I just like the Mach Lite better.
I keep mine in the back of my Landcruiser, in the bag, all the time. When I travel to tourneys, or even just want to practice at work, I can always pop up the Mach Lite and practice putt anywhere.
DGA for a fold up is the best IMO..good size, quality, and portable...reasonable price...5 out of 5 say DGA baby! LMAO
I agree... I sold my Skillshot and got a DGA Mach. The only problem I have with it is that the bottom supports fall when I try to move it from one place to another. Extremely annoying for small adjustments. Just to move it over a few feet requires me to bend over and hold the bottom together. Most of the time I just want to pick it up with one hand and hold my putters in the other. I was very surprised to see such a petty oversight.
While I LOVE DGA, I have to say the DB5 is the best portable out there. It does push your lightweight requirement though. At 55 pounds, it's not fun to lug up and down hills to the back of a temp course, but it holds up well!!! We took a pic of jtkustomizer sitting on top of mine with the base of a discatcher sport on his head!
One of my buddies has an M-14 and it has had a LOT of use and it shows. I made a new base for it and have had to weld up several spots on the basket itself. My DB5 sits outside or is in the back of my truck all the time. For the price shipped to your doorstep with 2 free discs, you really can't beat it. It's made to be outside and USED!!!
We still have another 2 months of snow but I'd like to get a portable to have at home to practice for the summer. Shipping stuff here sometimes doubles the price, so I'm thinking of having a friend buy a basket and bring it back as checked baggage on an airplane. What models could I get away with checking as normal baggage?

thanks
jtr
Fairbanks AK
How much better is a DB5 Lightning than a DISCatcher Sport? I need 2-4 portable baskets for a course at home. I've seen the DISCatcher Sport at a sporting goods store for $199.99. The DB5 can be bought for $199.99 online, plus $25 in S/H. Will a DB5 last longer? Is it built sturdier or stronger?

What are everyones thoughts?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968