just wondering if anyone has questions,comments,suggestions about the sight

*comments*
first off i think the sight is AWESOME to say the least
thank your terry for giving us golfers a place to group online
the chat is slow for me but still awesome

*suggestions*
maybe take the pics off the chat to help its speed up
mabe work on a private chat or private messaging
other than that the sight is awesome!!!!!

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

spellcheck?
(you need it ;)
lol thanks man
Thanks.

When we first got the chat, we moved it around a lot and found that it wasn't a successful feature anywhere but right on the front page.

We were among the first networks to test the chat, in Beta 1-3, and we will get newer and improved (faster, we hope) versions as they come out.
dj maybe you need a faster computer than that one you purchased at WALLMART, the same place you purchased your 30 dollar disc golf shoes your allways bragging about, lol
How about digitizing shirts onto people's pics?
lol u guys are funny n stuff
Yeah...I had the same thought. This isn't eHarmony or one of those other dating sites, is it?! LOL. :-P

Seriously though, I think the best thing that we could do with this site (Terry C. I'm sure knows this comment is coming) is to either reduce the quantity of imagery that is "forced" in front of people's noses OR optimize said imagery so that it doesn't chew SO much bandwidth for the few thousand of us who like to frequent this site on a regular basis. Folks would be surprised at what can be done to speed-up the amount of time it takes to display an entire page's content if one simply optimizes the imagery found on it. If you're on a T1/I2 connection, it probably doesn't matter too much to you. However, if you're on dial-up or DSL (or checking things out from your cell phone or PDA), and/or don't like it when your favorite sites occasionally crash under the weight of bandwidth, it's something we ALL should be doing.

Some links on how folks can do it:

http://www.graphicsoptimization.com/ (**Disclosure: that's my site...which technically is for-profit, although I give out ten-times as much for free as I do charging people for those services)

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/speed/optimization/grap... Andy King's service...the guy who got me interested in optimization services in the first place.
Just go to their My Page and click on "Send Message"
this site is awesome every thing is pretty good and i love it
I did a blog posting as a follow-up to this comment: http://graphicsoptimization.com/blog/?p=75 Big, FAT, BLOATED images abound on this site...which cause it not to perform as well as it should...particularly related to people who are visiting from dial-up, mobile or slower cable/DSL connections. Just a friendly suggestion! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968