www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I want to add the thumber/tomahawk shot to my arsenal, so I was wondering what people like to use for ths shot. Especially from golfers who throw a lot of Innova.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow only one person mentioned using a whippet. ppl who thumb around here use the whippet religiously. 50+ further than champ eagle or firebird. The Epic tends to flip over completely and hyzers out. This loses accuracy in the end and takes away from the striaght or left to right shot. Give a whippet a try.
I use a teebird due to a lack of trying anything else. It is extremely accurate and will die right where it lands. Works great for throws around 150-250. I am going to have to try a firebird though and see if that would add a little bit of distance. It would be nice to have something that I could throw 300+.
Whippet X will definitely go 300 +
an aviar X would probably go 300+ with you thumbing it!

but yes... after almost religiously throwing FBs I tried a whippet and I can crush the whippet compared to the FB... if I put too much power into it the FB sometimes flip too soon. I also have good luck with a Monster for 'shorter' touch thumber shots (~200-250)
depends on how much movement I want on the thumber. For little movement, I use a beat up star wraith, less distance. For more movement I will use a new star destroyer or my ce firebird.

Also watch videos of people throwing thumbs/tommys, or your shoulder and elbow are going to hurt bad. You can really hurt yourself if you don't have the right form.
Max weight Z Flicks and Reapers.
Always throw thumbers!!
LISTEN--the best disc for a nice Tomahawk that will produce the sweetest helix and fly predictable every time is the 150g series Flick from discraft. It's light, sharp, and fast. I swear by that one.
Im useing Teebirds, Destroyers and Max
So I've heard lots of people talk about how much they like Whippet's for thumber shots. I use lots of thumbers in my game. Man, I was very impressed. It got 20-30 feet more distance than my other favorite thumber discs. Very impressive. So now I'm a believer in Whippets for thumber shots. Hope this helps!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968