www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am 53 and fit but have a hard time throwing past 300'. Drivers of choice are Valkyeries and Wraiths. This part of my game needs some serious work. Any suggestions? What worked for you? I am looking for about 50'.

Tags: Distance

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was a pro that came up from Colorado for our state championships and he said that he threw his putter all winter long to learn to throw further and gain a more smooth stroke. I"ve heard the more smooth the stroke, the more control and accuracy you'll gain.

Anybody else second this or know of something similar to help with distance and smooth stroke?
Just in case you have not tried the R Pro Boss, get a couple of them. They will get you an extra 30 or 40 feet on each and every drive. They are light weight. Go to a field, not a course, and throw a hundred drives. By using the field, you get to see each and every shot. At the course, if it like ours, trees stop a good share of the throws, so you never get to see what it could have been. Try thowing at your bag, try long shots and short shots. Make the disc work for you instead of against you. Good luck. GB #554
i've always been told if you can't throw a wraith 350'-375' consistently then it's too fast of a disc. so with that said i've been throwing my buzzz until i can get over 300' also i'm trying to get my technique down so i can start to work on distance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968