www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking to buy my next bag. in doing so i want to buy one that will last longer than my first bag. which is five months I now know that lightning bags suck so any others out there as good as revolution
I may just make my own

Tags: bag, talk

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

from my experience, my revo bag dominates any other bag previously owned, and any other bag previously viewed. It's not even an argument.
first off, they're made in the US, which basically sets them apart from most of the other company's bags (ahem... innova), ahem, ahem... thirdwolrdcountry).
secondly, i've owned mine for officially two full years and have used and abused it all over the country. I've even used it just as a carry-on on flight. lap-top and all. The thing is solid. flat out. and sharp lookin'.
I play A LOT of golf and usually stuff the thing to the absolute max. I really don't even treat it all that well. I don't kick it or anything but it's usually about to burst at the seams with all the stuff I put in there and hasn't even shown a sign of weakness.
I can't speak for safari or any of the other guys really but what I can vouch for is the fact that you will love your revo bag and that it will last a long, long time.
IMO, Revo, Gorilla Boy, Gateway make some of the best bags. I have a couple of Innova bags that have been lightly used for a couple of years, they're holding up OK ... but haven't been heavily used (disc storage).
I use a Revo Carolina Bag for most rounds. I have a Revo Backpack that I only use occasionally, when I need to carry extra clothes and stuff, and a Revo Mini bag that I use a whole lot. I also have a Revo Pro bag that I use for all the Rocs I throw.
If you're going to use Quadshocks, get a bag that has strong attachment points. I have quads on all my bags.

If you're looking for a good bag that isn't too expensive, and will last a long time, check out the Revo Pro bag. It's a pretty nice bag for the price. If you're looking for a bag that will last a really, really long time, you can't go wrong with the Carolina or Texas Revo bags.
I have the innova comp bag, had it for 6 months and no quams. but hopefully will be going to a gateway bag soon.
I had an Innova bag 4 years ago, lasted less than one summer season before it fell apart. My dad had a lightning that lasted even less. Discraft bags are not of great design or quality. My gateway bag I used for 2 years of heavy play and really liked it, had no wear-out, but then when Rev came out, I bought one of those, the Carolina I think.
However, after less than a year and no problems, that bag got stolen from me with all my good discs, camera..while traveling, and 2 weeks before my first pro worlds..
I'd go with Rev, it will pay off with it's durability and lightweight.
I have a pdga bag now, which is OK, very tough, but kinda heavy, and has no frame.
My Revo "Texas" bag has held up very well. Unfortunately, I got it just a little while before they introduced the "Carolina" model, otherwise I would have got the "Carolina" instead. I know a couple of guys who really like their Gorilla Boy bags and say they are just as durable. Right now I'm pretty interested in the new line bags from Phenix Disc Sports; you know, the Quadshock people?
http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/
I've tried a "Core Modular" on, and it just might be even more comfortable than my Revo. I heard a rumor yesterday that a local disc shop might be getting a "test model". If so, I'm hoping to load it up and carry it around the store while I'm shopping for discs to get a real good feel for it. Plus, they are made by a local guy here in the Denver area. If the durability is there, they could be a nice addition to the market...
Revolution bags are made by a luggage company that knows how to build bags here in the US. They have a lifetime guarantee. This means the company wants you to send them back as cheap R&D. Any problems arising in their construction will be promptly addressed and improved.
Go Revolution or Gateway.
Love my Revo Carolina bag it is really made tough!
Thanks every one for input sounds like a no brain-er revo it is
I am a former Revolution owner but have since switched to Gorilla Boy Bags.

If you are looking for a quality bag and don't want your bag to look like everyone else's I would suggest a Gorilla Boy bag. All of the GBDS bags are made with 1000d Cordura even the $35 Silver Monkey. You would need to pay $105 for a Revo Texas Team Bag to get a revo bag made from the same quality material. The drink holders on the GBDS bags are much better then Revo's also.

The owner of Gorilla Boy makes all of the bags custom so you can get your choice of colors and now that the bag is being made specifically for you, here in Wisconsin.

Take a look at their group on here or take a look at their bags on the Gorilla Boy Website

As most people have commented once getting a GBDS bag they are extremely light and very durable. My 2 yr old Silverback still looks new.

There are also 24 pages of comments on the GBDS bags over at theDisc Golf Review Forum
The GB Kong looks like a nice bag. One question I would have does the drink bottles ride against your back? The other side holds the umbrella so I would think it wouldn't. Does it matter? Looks like a quality bag.
It's not very fair to say Lightning bags suck. They make some low price options for beginners. You probably bought yours because it was the cheapest option. Now you are going to hold it to the same standard as a couple hundred dollar bag?

My first bag was a Lightning. It served me well for 3 years. My second was an Innova. It held up for 6 years.

I currently have an Innova comp. I got it last spring and really like it.

If I had to get another today it would probably be from Gorilla Boy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968