www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking to buy my next bag. in doing so i want to buy one that will last longer than my first bag. which is five months I now know that lightning bags suck so any others out there as good as revolution
I may just make my own

Tags: bag, talk

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have an Innova tour bag. I purchased it late last summer. Does anyone know how long Innova warranties the bags? My bag is tearing out already next to one of the quad shock hooks on the back side. I think its a great bag but don't how long it will last if it keeps tearing out!
No the drink holders don't really ride against your back. At least I haven't noticed that they do. The drink holders are insulated so they have some cushion to them which may be why I've never noticed. The umbrella holder on the front end of the bag under the putter pocket is a nice feature, keeping it away from your backside. I also really like that the top covers the entire putter pocket as well as the main disc compartment so if I'm playing in the snow or rain my putter stay dry along with the rest of my discs.
From a business perspective, how could they possibly put a lengthy warranty on them? How would you prove it was used only as directed - in other words it was never used to haul around a bunch of beer? Did you overstuff it with discs? Was it left in inclimate weather? Was it stored in direct sunlight?
Garrett,

I bought an Innova competition bag(really light weight) last October online for $50. I really wanted a revolution bag but couldn't justify the cost at the time.(with a family the disc golf budget isn't so big). I have been really happy with it so far. I doubt it will stand the test of time that a revolution bag would......However, Trevor Thorp was showing me his Revo bag and it is already showing its wear.....guess with a warranty it doesn't matter. I was just surprised how beat the bag looked already. It also depends on how much periperal gear you wanna bring with ya too. If you wanna check out my Innova bag next round let me know.
I have had my kong since august and it still looks brand new also. If you dont want to carry and umbrella and are playing night rounds the umbrella straps work great for a maglight. The drink holders are great and dont ride on my back. I will never get anything else but GBDS bag because of the quality. Plus there are not a lot of them out there so each and every one is unique. I currently have 24 discs in my bag, 4 Putters,5 Mids and the rest drivers. I also carry a Golden retriver about, 5 extra towels, 6-8 Golf balls to throw at discs in trees, baseball if the golf balls dont work, scorekeeper and a bunch of slim jims for snacks. Probly way to much stuff but try to be prepared for anything out on the course. I am currently trying to find a small first aid kit that can go in there as well.

I played a round with this weekend and 2 of the people had exact matching Revo bags and they were constantly trying to pick up the other persons bag. it was funny. I have never had that problem with my Kong.
Attachments:

well I don't have a new bag yet but I wrote to Innova, The person who replied asked for some pictures and He would be happy to send me a new bag. So far I'm impressed. Standby for further developements!
Received a reply from Innova today My new bag is on the way. Innova Rocks!
I've been playing for a year and a half and have owned SEVERAL different bags, Both new and used. My first bag was an old Gateway that shows very minimal wear for being like 8 years old. So I bought a Gateway tour bag last summer. While I loved the drink holders and the fact it held a ton of discs, it was just too bulky and I don't really like to use both backback straps. I was constantly carrying it with only one and it became tiresome. I bought a Rev mini bag and that thing is AWESOME!!!!! Plenty of pockets and it holds 12 discs (can you say perfect lightweight bag for Waterworks??). I was so impressed with Rev that I bought my buddies 10 year old pro bag. I can't find any wear on it and it has been USED! I'll be hard pressed to look at anything but Rev when I decide I need another bag.
I'm just waiting for Phenix to come out with their single strap that they said should be out this spring.
I have owned innova, gatway, dga and lightning bags.... and by far my gateway is the best quality.. i have the backpack and have used it throught a season and a half including 2 winters and it is still good as new or very close.. and i am hard on bags all my other bags lasted one season(4-6 months) .... the lightning for about half a season
"Get a Revolution bag. They are the best and most durable bag I have ever had. The only other bag that comes close is the PDGA lage bag."

If you think a PDGA bag is the next closest thing to the quality of a Revo bag you obviously haven't seen a GBDS bag. I think GBDS bags a Revo bags are very similar in quality with each having its own advantages.

I prefer GBDS bags but Revos are also nice
I've owned gateway, innova bags and they all fail to the high standards that revolution has set for the disc golf bag. I owned a revolution Texas team bag for 2 years and now use a back pack bag from revolution. I sold the Texas team to a friend a couple years ago. It's still going strong and in great shape. It can take some wear.

The back pack bag is the way to go. It's very relaxing on my back. Very comfortable...Amazing what it can hold....

Yes it is pricey but it is worth every penny and Dave guaranties his work. How can anyone go wrong with a revolution disc golf bag? hehe Do you think I like my bag....yep...

Josh "widye" Hamm
WCDGC #001
GLDGC #146
OZDGC #27
PDGA #20525
www.widye.com
josh@widye.com
what are you doing with your bags???. I have had the same bag since 1998 its a big lightning bag i call the winabago bag. I have changed to the quad shock strap after useing a cheap gate way strap on it. but the bag is still in good shape. All the zippers do still work but it does have one small hole in it from the end pocket to the inside of the bag so I still dont loose any thing it just ends up under my discs. I do have a dish rack in side that I use to keep my discs off the floor of the bag and it keep them seperated in threes. I also when i first got the bag sewed the drink holder on better so that it doesnt pull on the pocket its on. I haul my bag around all over on the back of my motorcycle and it has been in many rain storms and in the sun for days on end. But I also take good care of it and clean it out regulaly so it lasts. So What do you do to your bag to were it out in 5 months or even a couple years?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968