www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking to buy my next bag. in doing so i want to buy one that will last longer than my first bag. which is five months I now know that lightning bags suck so any others out there as good as revolution
I may just make my own

Tags: bag, talk

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its not that its wore out the pocket tore out
I carry a revo bag and it is by far the best bag I've ever owned. 2 things I'm not thrilled about are the opening in the top is small and it's hard to get discs out from the ends of the compartment also the bottle holders let smaller bottles drop out. I've seen that on other bags as well and just can't understand why you would make it that way.
My innova bags have had problems with the zippers which is a big deal because when I'm out playing I can't be worring about weather or not my keys and wallet will still be in the bag at the end of the round. However the worst defect was at a tourney far from home when the crappy plastic clip on the shoulder strap broke. Let me tell you it really sucks playing the rest of the tourney with no strap to carry your bag. That's when I switched to Revo. I will not buy Innova bags again. I'll buy the heck out of their discs though!
Leaning towards making my own custom made bag
I have a revolution bag and really like it. It has an industrial type zipper and nice plain look to it overall. Price wasn't bad either. I would say do it up.
The bag I had before my Revolution was a napsack style I bought from an Army surplus store. It almost seemed to have been made to hold my discs (only held three discs tops). Just wasn't waterproof.
The pro player over here has a Revolution bag, and they are great quality, the best quality bag i've seen. After having said that, I've used both of the New Innova bags (Competition and DISCarrier), and they are both pretty well-made, quite light for their capacity, and have plenty of storage for all your stuff. Guess it depends on how much you want to spend, and how many discs you want to carry?

My girlfriend bought me the Revolution Back pack for my birthday two weeks ago and I must say, It is really sweet. Well built, well configured, and easy to carry. The weight is all centered closer to your spine thatn with Quad straps and it is not swinging around so It actually feels lighter with more discs!! When I first got it I thought, man that thing is huge!! But once I put discs in it, I and carried it around a little, I realized how sweet it is. Also, you can leave the zippers unzipped on both compartments and no discs will fall out no matter how you swing it around, and it stands up on its own very well. I am really grateful that she bought it for me and I would recomend it to anyone who is buying a new bag.
phenix the company that makes the quad shocks straps has a new bag out that look quite good. anyone pick one up?
I have not seen one of their bags in person, but I looked it up online. Looks pretty nice, but I am sold on the REVOLUTION backpack, it still is closer to the "CORe" of the body. And just because it holds 30 discs doesn't mean you have to carry that many, could be food, or COLD beverages!!!

Here is link to phenix bags:
http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/index.html
Have you checked out the new Phoenix(maker of quad-shocks) bag. I saw one yesterday at a course and they seemed pretty nice. Plus you can get the bottom lined with Line-X truck bed lining. That keeps the bottom of the bag dry and safe from tearing.

http://phoenixdiscsports.com/coremodular.html
I've had an innova bad and two gateway bags. I now have the revo-backpack. I have to say that between gateway and revo, there is nothing that compares. I would buy a revo over anything (barring no cost constraints). If you have a budget, then look at gateway.

I got my new bag from innova last week. They sent me a Discarrier bag in place of the tour bag that I have. I also repaired the current tearout on the tour bag. So I think I'll stick with the tour bag at least until the weather breaks and everything isn't muddy. I posted a pic of the damage before here what it looks like repaired. I don't think I will have trouble with that seam again!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968