green Z-Wildcat
yellow Z-Xtreme
... missing and need to replace my "factored" Stingray
... missing and need to replace my Sentinel

Tags: bag, discs

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my bag?? 4 different kinds (& weights) of Beasts,2 "Wolfs"(DX & Ching), 2 "Ching" Rocs,Omega SS Putter, 2 Sidewinders,a Skeeter,a Magnet Putter,
Putter
Titanic-Putting
Z Magnet-Approach, drives
Midrange
Z Hawk-Go to midrange
Drone-Wind driver, big hyzers
Drivers
Flx Surge-Maximun distance
Esp Tracker-Go to driver, tunnel shots
Z Cyclone-Short hyzers
Z Extreme-Spike hyzers, rarely used
I have a:
pro destroyer 175g
champ destroyer 175g
star destroyer x3 171g, 175g
pro wraith 175g
star wraith 12x ken climo 175g
champ roadrunner x2 175g
champ teebird 175g
champion edition eagle x2 172g, 175g
champ valkyrie 175g
special blend orc 175g
star roc x2 180g
kc pro roc 11x ken climo 171g
kc pro roc 11x ken climo softie 172g
champ glo roc 176g
super puppy 173 g
Honestly who has the time to put together in a text string all the discs they use and the weights? do you feel anyone is going to read your text and say "omg how interesting a disc selection..."? * rehetorical questions...do not answer :) *

i'd rather be out throwing my plastic on the course that spending 20 minutes or more typing out my discs I use. MFA (thats Minnesota Frisbee Association to you non-Minnesnowtants) members can attest to my ramblings about whatever, but this beats anything I've ever been ripped on as worthless and unmeaningful conversation.

Nice Club! I like the idea...but lets enrich the experience here...
i personally have found the responses interesting, ....but to take the time to write about people taking the time to write? wow...good job sir. way to define irony for those who flunked high school english.... how does a random negative response by youdo anything to enrich the experience, by the way?
I think you missed my point of of "taking time to write". My point is that anyone who is going to pull out their bag and write in each disc (including weight) has little to do with their day. Then again, this isn't my board so I don't really care what you write about...my point was that is that the thread is lacking any real conversation. Maybe we should rename the thread to "what's your favorite disc" and then members can comment on a disc rather than making a boring list.
Hey Muddy,
Only reason I put down the weights of my discs is that is how I remember them. type and weight for each disc I have with the exception of just 2 or 3 discs. I have found that I get better glide out of the lighter weights rather than the heavies. When changing discs out I remember the weight to adjust my throws. Thank goodness for baby strollers... I mean disc golf caddies.
"I have found that I get better glide out of the lighter weights rather than the heavies"

I find the opposite as I have a tendancy to over-torque a lighter disc so it ends up anhyzering more than a heavier disc. My rule of thumb is that I go light on shorter range discs because I won't throw them as hard anyways and they are usually understable anyways. For long range I love to throw a 175 overstable that I can put tons of mustard on and let her flip flat.

All personal preference and throwing style...

I don't recognize my discs by weight, only by color and name/brand. Of course I buy them by weight...but I could only guess at what the weights are.
Hey I hear about that torquing, just not been able to get as arm into my throws as some of you dudes. Have noticed that flipping a little more than I use to. Do you have any suggestions on how to get more snap off the pad?
The best advice is to work with an am or pro in your area, since they'll be able to pinpoint your throwing style and make adjustments.

Here are some pointers i follow in my throw (note I am not a pro so don't take this as the best method)
4 finger grip - i used to not use all 4 fingers under rim, that robbed me of distance.

3 step runup - i see so many recs running, take 3 steps and get that working first, then add steps later

X-step - letting your non-plant foot come BEHIND planting foot on runup, (1) step with plant foot (2) cross under with non-plant foot (3) motion weight on non-plant foot (4) push off of non-plant foot and transfer weight to plant foot. Weight transfer is critial to getting longer distance.

reach back - reach as far back as you can 180 degrees from target line.

shoulder turn - after reaching back, lead with you shoulder first and allow your arm to pull through..similar to how you would start a lawnmower if someone was holding it 2 feet off ground.

wrist - don't break wrist in windup, keep outstreached, you generate spin from your arm motion, not as much from wrist motion.

follow through - smooth motion, bring your arm around and allow your non-plant foot to catch your fall.

Hope those help, if not, check out www.discgolfreview.com or discgolftv.com for good tips from pros and experts.
not to mention the topic of the thread is "whats in your bag" ...i.e. tell us the discs in your bag. start a thread that says...how do you use the plastic in your bag. just my 2 cents. p.s. i need those 2 cents back when your done...im need them to buy more plastic
Pro Beast x 3
Champion Valkyre x 1
DX Whippit x 1
Pro Orc x 2
Champion Orc x 1
Champion Sidewinder 150g x 1
DX Waith 150g x 1
Champion Cobra 150g x 1
Crystal Buzz x 1
DX Aero Putters x 2
Star Aero Putter x 1 (approach shot use only, too slick for the chains.)
Magnet x 1

These work for me!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968