www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am i the only one waiting for fall to play disc golf...

Man it is just killer out in the sun

But ill tough it out for a round of disc golf

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sick of it, but it was 52 yesterday at 3:00 pm, and a high of 70 today when I played. Glad to be out of the desert.
Amen brother! Where is the Fall weather?

The terrible trio of summer: heat, humidity and bugs. So yesterday I showed up at my local course and it was hot and humid and the sun was blazing. So Aaron Siegler and I went to the beach/picinic area where it was breezy and shady and played roller games (other games too but mostly roller games). We never went on the course.

Courses are overated. Games are underated. Fall is way underated.
Heat & Humidity & Hurricanes!
Triple the fun.
Come on down to Florida in August.
Bring your bug spray, towels, drinking water, gore-tex, generator.......
Been wanting to head for the mountains in August...
I know it.. Fall season is the only time I can get the girlfriend out of the house to come to the park.
Well fall is coming, I went to play a round at Widefield Park (Southern Colorado Springs, CO.) yesterday (Weds.), in short's and short sleeve's and by hole #3 I was seriously thinking of heading home to get "long pants and long sleeve shirt". It was "very chilly" as the thick clouds kept streaming overhead, only letting the sun "peak" out now and then! :O Finally the clouds broke up enough to let the sun come thru and it was "only just warm enough" not to go home. I don't think I worked up a sweat at all the whole round as the "breeze" stayed on the cool side.

They say the aspen's are already starting to turn and I'm missing the "HEAT" already!!! I don't give a rat's a$$, what the silly calendar says, Sept. in Colorado means "FALL Weather"!! Come on up and play in "Cool, Colorful Colorado"! ;)

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Pikes Peak Flying Disc Club
Colorado Springs, CO.
Wanna trade?

Bogeyman said:
Well fall is coming, I went to play a round at Widefield Park (Southern Colorado Springs, CO.) yesterday (Weds.), in short's and short sleeve's and by hole #3 I was seriously thinking of heading home to get "long pants and long sleeve shirt". It was "very chilly" as the thick clouds kept streaming overhead, only letting the sun "peak" out now and then! :O Finally the clouds broke up enough to let the sun come thru and it was "only just warm enough" not to go home. I don't think I worked up a sweat at all the whole round as the "breeze" stayed on the cool side.

They say the aspen's are already starting to turn and I'm missing the "HEAT" already!!! I don't give a rat's a$$, what the silly calendar says, Sept. in Colorado means "FALL Weather"!! Come on up and play in "Cool, Colorful Colorado"! ;)

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.
Disc Player Sports said:
Wanna trade?

Bogeyman said:

B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Colorado Springs, CO.

Heat is ok but "Hurricanes" just aren't my bag!!! :O LOL, I hate the "water in the creek on the DG course"!! Here's hoping you get thru the "canes", with eveything intact and your fall weather will be "better"!!

Take care, have FUN, Throw Plastic!
B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Hmmm....standing water for 3 months, dont spray for bugs because of butterfly world leaving clouds of hungry skeeters, live in the cone of death while cat 1, 2, 3 & 4's blow in from the atlantic and the 90+derees daytime temps with 90%+ humidity is always fun, come on down.

Summer here makes u tough, making a putt in ankle deep water with skeeters in your ear and bouncing off your eyeballs is hard. Oh yeah, look out for the ants (they float)!!!

I havent felt temps below 40 in four years...
Come to Arizona. I play everyday in 100-115 degree heat. Sure that sounds bad but when there isnt that much humidity in the air it makes a huge diffrence. Now mind you it is monsoon season here so we are getting rain every other day or so, so it makes for alot more humid days and you sweat your ass off, but if you have a love for the game who cares right?

Eric
Fall will be welcomed with open arms!!!!!!

I cant wait for the colder weather. I put so much time into it when its more enjoyable outside. 1 round a day becomes 2 rounds and one tournament a month becomes 2.

But im really waiting on those ICE BOWLS!!!!!!!!!!!
The heat can be bad, but you can always just have a couple of cold beers to deal with that. The fall is nice although all the leaves make it easier to lose a disc. Some cooler weather will be nice but I am dreading the winter. Snow is a lot worse to play in than heat.
I wish we got snow here in Ga. I have missed it since I left Ohio.

But we did get some last year during our Ice Bowl go figure.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968