www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So...supposedly these 2 kids already ahve aces, and they'rve been playing less than a week.

This kid told me on his 4th day of playing he aced a 235 downhill shot..I was like B-S!
And the kids brother, who's like 11, apparently forehand aced a 240 footer, basket behind a big, big tree.

I seriously can't believe that. I've seen both of those kids play, and they don't throw very accurately, but one of them had a knee injury when I played with them. Not to mention, I throw much farther than those kids, with much more accuracy, and I've yet to hit an ace.

Anyone else think their story sounds a lil fishy?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carp can be slimy at any age I guess.
Some people get lucky. It took me a long time to get an ace, but I'm also an average player at best.

Don't get discouraged, every dog has his day, and your ace(s) will come soon or later.
I don't know... I got my ace with only two months of throwing... it was on a 218 hyzer shot... I started throwing with a "natural" hyzer...

Hope you get one soon!!
Yeah... my first ace came after about 5 months of solid playing. Over a water hazard shot... I couldn't believe it. That same day... with the disc I threw that ace with ended up being swallowed by that same water hole. Your ace will come. I don't know about "Less than a week" playing. Just keep with your game.
If you keep throwing over and over at the same hole you are bound to get an ace. Sure you can say you got one but will it really mean that much to you? Luck is a small thing that goes a huge way sometimes. Just ask that guy that won 2 back to back Powerball Lotterys last year.

Eric
I hit an ace at 315 ft and that was 5 years ago. Have not seen another since.
Thats sweet advice eric,

Roc; dude..you're bound to get one soon

or you need to find an easier course
You never know...ask for a witness. We have a guy who claims to have "hundreds of Aces"......and I'm the Pope....lmao
one of the guys that playes in our doubles leage just started playing end of last summer and he already got two aces last year and has 3 so far this year ! and i witnessed the one, it was our first doubles night this sumer, he banged a 250 footer in, so its definatly possible, i have been playing since roughly the mid 80s and only have one myself ! but i am ok with that, i remember thinking to myself back before i got my first and to date only ace, that i could die a happy man if i could just get one ! as i have accomplished that hopefully the dieing part will come much later LOL.
It could happen, I doubt it did but you never know... I've ran into a coupl of kids over the past years that have told some WILD stories, some have ended up true and others were just pipe dreams.. If you gut tells you that it's B-$, It prolly is.
Stop having "ACE" envy.
You'll hit your ace. Everyone does.
If those kids are happy telling their, fictional story, so what.
Play 'your' game.
Aces don't mean sh*t. If you can beat them in a round of golf, that's what really matters.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968