www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

There are players in Hawaii, however, there are no permanant courses. The land value is too high and the state will not give us any land, even if we agreed to setup and maintain the courses ourselves.

Views: 10

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm heading there in August...is there a course to play in Maui?
yes there is a course in Maui, check out my page
yeah its kind of wierd, Maui has sort of a basket course but thats it. I spent about 2 yrs. in the islands and i think the biggest problem is the locals, vandalism is like the state sport!!!
I'll definitely check the course out when I'm there. Won't be able not to play with all the beautiful weather they have over there!
I lived in Hawaii for 10 years. I had seen on the Interent that Sand Island had a course. When I went there the course was closed because of a sewage problem. So I wait...and I wait...still waiting. Over a year later the park opens. Awesome, I get there...no course? I heard about a downtown Honolulu course but it happen inbetween semesters and there were no baskets? So I didn't play for the longest. Now I live in TN and I have courses all around me and lots of players to throw big hyzers with.
I've featured DG from Hawaii in a couple of my shows. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a local volunteer to get the shows broadcast locally. There are several stations in the state.

My hat is off the the folks in the area who get the job done and get the temp courses put in. Takes that much extra work to put on an event. My experience is that the larger events are planned well ahead of time so there's plenty of opportunities for west coasters and others to make travel plans etc.

Joe
A humble suggestion:....adapt and adjust your framework.

Here's a winning Example:

We're in Hawaii right now setting up a division of our Disc Golf Vacation and Tour company. We're partnering with private land owners and utilizing public land (with permission I might add) too. You're invited to align your energies and partner with us to achieve even greater success!

Right now, we have several areas to play and more on the way! We have a couple of local area tour guides, vans, and our portable baskets on the way. More sponsors are coming on board all the time and we would love to work with you to increase the availability of Hawaii Disc Golf.

"Leadership is seeing the solution, taking action, gathering people who have strengths where you're weak and following through until the job done."

Here's your opportunity and an invitation to step up. Let's do this! Give me a call.

Warmest regards,

Geo Quinn
President/CEO
Safari Disc Golf
"Together We're Discovering the World!"
phone: 831-531-4769 / 808-269-5475
What island are you on? That makes a big differance. We have already put out energies into the Big Island and sent all 18 of our donated Innova Baskets to be installed on private land. We here on Oahu are looking to stay away from Private land because it cant be utilized all of the time without the land owners permission.

You can go to www.hdga.org if you would like to reach out the the entire Honolulu Disc Golf Association Board here in Oahu.
Hi again,

What part of give me a call did you miss?

808-269-5475

Geo
Aloha,

Yes there is indeed disc golf on Maui (there are two courses now, one is private but all you need is someone to meet you or take you there and your in. There's over 27 holes), bring your bag and be ready to play on one the best course you've ever seen. GO to HDGA.org and ask around in the forum how to contact anyone who lives and plays on Maui. Steve Welk is the guy you want to get in touch with. He is our State Rep.
Maui disc golfer here, just joined. see u at the big island open. Aloha
Yahoooooooooooooo!!!
Well the family is used to me being "out golfing" anyway...why should the Hawaii vacation be any different?
See y'all in August...hope I can hook up with a couple local playa's while there to show me the course.
I'll post closer to travel time to take any requests for" plastic needed" I'll deliver with-out any shipping costs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968