www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Of 50 Disc golfers at my local course, there are 3 left handed Disc Golfers. A new course in my area just got baskets etc. The best shots on the course are big righty hyzers, excluding me from the joy of experiencing those shots. Life has never been fair to the lefty, and in Disc Golf Design, that seems more apparent than ever.

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

I also agree. You add in a good forehand shot and you are set as well. When I started playing, I could not learn an anhyzer at all. So for an entire summer I sucked it up on the course and learned the forehand. Now, my forehand is better than my backhand shot for distance.
One year at the Worlds, my entire five-some was left handed women.
What do you think the chances of that are? It was fun being able to get perfect reads on the wind.
SK :}
I haven't got a RH shot at all (BH or FH) but I did grow up playing regular stick-and-ball golf righthanded and managed to card an ace shooting righthanded when I was 16 years old. (Pure luck -- I'm a hack on the links!)

Several years later my brother was working for a golf club manufacturer and offered to make a set of clubs for me. I opted to go with a LH set, since my RH golf game had deteriorated even further over the years. And shortly after that, I got lucky enough to card another ace -- this one from the left side -- giving me a hole-in-one hitting both righthanded and lefthanded.

Not quite good enough to get me into the Guinness Book of Records, I suppose, but it's my sports oddity claim to fame.
Im curious as to some of the replies to this discussion. I know Im new but a LHBH is the same shot as a RHFH and vice versa is it not. So if you dominantly throw LHBH, why learn RHFH, wouldnt it make more sence to learn LHFH to get the disc to turn the opposite way of your LHBH?
Your exactly right. A LHBH is the same as a RHFH. I don't spend time practicing nor do I throw aRHFH in rounds of play, but I can throw a RHFH and I'm left handed.

Hardcore Hyzer said:
Im curious as to some of the replies to this discussion. I know Im new but a LHBH is the same shot as a RHFH and vice versa is it not. So if you dominantly throw LHBH, why learn RHFH, wouldnt it make more sence to learn LHFH to get the disc to turn the opposite way of your LHBH?
If the right side of your mind controls the left side of your body, and the left side of your mind controls the right side of your body .... Does this mean left handed people are in thier right mind? lol somting to ponder

I think being a dominate LHBH player has improved my shot selection choices compared to a RHBH player. I know i cant throw the same line as a righty and get it to the same spot, so this has made me really look before I throw to find different flight paths to the basket.

Id love to get some info about throwing LH rollers if anyone can help would be great. Im not having much sucsess with them.
Jason Ferraro and myself are the only "lefties" I know of here in Ra-Cha-Cha........someday I'll meet you,Scott...........Dave Thomas,Churchville,New York!
LOL when im out playing a round and someone says nice shot cheater, commenting because I am a lefty I break out another disc and throw it right handed. That usally shuts them up fairly quickly.
LHBH Im about 400-500ft depending on the shot.
RHBH Im about 300-400ft. Still feels weird but its coming along.

Eric
im learning to do the same thing learning to throw rhbh even though i have a lhfh but you dont know how many times i need a shot that turns left and needs to stop very shortly after it hits the ground and i still havent learned to throw a lhfh spike hyzer yet but learning with a leapard and understable rocs to throw rhbh

Eric Sears said:
LOL when im out playing a round and someone says nice shot cheater, commenting because I am a lefty I break out another disc and throw it right handed. That usally shuts them up fairly quickly.
LHBH Im about 400-500ft depending on the shot.
RHBH Im about 300-400ft. Still feels weird but its coming along.

Eric

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968