www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Dec 1, 2008

Wixom, MI - The 2008 Discraft Ace Race prototype disc has now been approved for PDGA tournament play, which will be good news for the thousands of disc golfers who are already carrying it in their bags. A slightly overstable midrange that fits into the Discraft line-up between the Buzzz and Wasp, the disc may be released to the general public in the Spring of 2009, under the possible name of 'Nebula'. All existing copies of the disc are now legal for PDGA purposes.

Cool!

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nebula- Nice ........ approach disc at 200 feet, I had good results but I got a LOT of Altitude (I am likely overpowering it)
very stable right till the end. Everyone liked it. (Mine was only a 171 wt.)
Love both of mine for sure!
i liked the one i was able to throw may bye one when they come out
I love it for throwing up to 250. Great straight midrange driver with hyzer finish. Another great discraft product.
I love the 08 ace race disc... glad to see it approved, not to fond of "Nebula" for a name tho
sweet ! i like mine as well, great disc for controlled upshots, works great for short forehand shots as well, like bryce said though the names kinda lame, although i guess a cool name doesnt neccessarily make a disc fly any better LOL,

i am kinda surprised though that they are putting it into production as rumer was it was one of the lowest ace scoring discs they had put out for a ace race disc, personally i think it was because of the overstability of the disc, which i personally find usefull, whereas the prior ace race discs have for the most part been pretty understable ( impact, z glide )
Can't wait to throw one. Nebula goes with the Meteor, Comet, etc, though it doesnt roll off the tongue like Buzzzzz......

:P
yeah, Nebula seems a little odd for a name but love the disc. Have had mine in the bag since they came out and used it in a lot of non-pdga events, witt permission of course, not to mention the other guys throwing theirs as well. ha
am i the only one who flips this disc way easier than either of my flx buzzes? for me it flips hard out of my hand and when it fades it fades kind of hard too. i don't understand how everyone seems to agree that its more stable than a buzzz. tell me i'm not the only one.
Blaze said:
am i the only one who flips this disc way easier than either of my flx buzzes? for me it flips hard out of my hand and when it fades it fades kind of hard too. i don't understand how everyone seems to agree that its more stable than a buzzz. tell me i'm not the only one.

If it fades hard doesn't that make it more overstable then the buzzz? Maybe you have a bad one because everyone I have seen throwing them though they were like smaller Wasps.
its got high low speed stability for me but out of my hand it flips harder than a buzzz and has less high speed stability for me. good point, maybe i did get a bad one. good thing i have two, i'll try the other one and see what happens.
Love love love it! Its about time that I can start throwing it again. Someone reminded me a month ago that it was not allowed for tournament play, right before the event was to begin.
Any name is a good name, who really cares? Anhyzer Wraith?< now theres a crappy name lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968