www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone watched it? Or has anyone seen previous years' tournaments on DVD? How entertaining is it?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen it. It's pretty good, featuring interviews, crowds, final 9 playoffs and highlights.
You want an entertaining disc golf dvd ? Get the new vibram open dvd. Great action, Great commentary, Great footage. Plus there is this really kickass lady we all call grandma. The sweetest person to ever walk this earth. You can get it at www.primediscs.com .

I sound like a sales rep but i am not, just a guy who has watched the dvd already. Steve Dodge's dvd are the best around, always packed with tons of extras. The vibram has 3 hours and 30 mins of action i believe.
I saw it online here: http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/2008-pdga-disc-golf-world-cha...
Sounds pretty sweet. I wanna see them tear up my home course (oshtemo) and just maybe get a glimpse of myself sweeping off the teebox or spotting discs for them haha.

Chad Curtis said:
I don't think it is out yet. I have seen past years videos and let me tell you--riveting. The action and pace are top notch and the cinematography is award winning. hehehehe.

Actually, for us disc golf geeks the dvd's of the major tournaments are always entertaining. (much better than just a few years ago) Good inspirational viewing the night before a tournament.
Larry Labond has like 6 or 7 copies he was selling at league on sunday morning......oh yea, your a bitch and you didnt show up!
first the text message now this? damn i'm gonna make sure to never miss a league day again haha. how much was larry selling them for?

joshlotto said:
Larry Labond has like 6 or 7 copies he was selling at league on sunday morning......oh yea, your a bitch and you didnt show up!
Blaze said:
first the text message now this? damn i'm gonna make sure to never miss a league day again haha. how much was larry selling them for?

joshlotto said:

ah, i dunno. 15 or 16 bucks i think.
Availability ?
I just got this as a gift and watched it and was not impressed, it's pretty cheesy and not very good camera angles, plus not as long as I had hoped, too much coverage of lower divisions not the pros............ just my 2 cents, does anyone know of a really good disc golf dvd?
The PDGA demands a very formulaic and structured approach to putting their dvd together, keeping so many interests happy no one is really happy. Ends up pretty bland and often repetitive. If someone wants to just see top players, I'd recommend the Clash series. For tourney coverage I'd agree with the poster above who recommended Steve Dodge's Vibram (nee Marshall Street) offerings. For those interested in a little of everything (including Clash and Vibram segments) and all kinds of other interesting stories from the disc golf community, I''m biased and recommend Disc Golf Live video magazine. Delivered right to your mailbox, six times a year for $36 (if you're not lucky enough to catch it on your local access TV station). (That's the PDGA member rate - if you're not a member and would like this rate, mention this discussion when you contact me and you're good to go - as quick as paypal can process your message.)

The next episode of DGL (#30, July '09) will be mostly '08 USDGC material, where we shot every player in the field and followed the action right up through Nate's big win.

Happy holiday to all!

Joe
it's ok and available. it's mostly pros so if you played and think you might be in it,if your not in a top bracket and a finalist you're not.
I want that DG live for $36 a year, how do I order?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968