www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

2010 Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships - Middle Ohio (Marion, Tiffin Bucyrus, Delaware, and Upper Sandusky)

Some of you have played theses courses, which are the best? Best holes and other info. or reviews.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to practice some of these courses.
Can someone list the official courses
that are being played for 2010 AM Worlds?

Thanks
Five of the courses are linked on the first page of this thread. Here's the link to the sixth one. Players will play at least four of the courses but the divisional schedule will not be determined until June once the division sizes are known based on registration: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3690
It bothers me on some level that you think long throwers aren't skillful and you seem to think the courses shouldn't have holes that cater to thier strengths. I don't want to come off like I am attacking you here. I just think there should be holes that play to the strengths of all players if possible.
Virtually all holes already cater to power throwers except for short downhill dink shots. If a player can throw the same distance with a more rounded edge disc like a putter or mid-range when another player needs a Valk or Wraith to throw as far then they have an advantage on most holes due to rounded edged discs typically being more accurate. Likewise, if the power thrower can get closer on par 4s and 5s than shorter throwers, they will not only have shorter approaches but again may be able to approach with a putter or mid-range instead of a fairway driver or more.

If an Advanced player has gold level distance, that's good because they have the chance to eventually move to the Pro level. However, the Amateur Championship is for Blue level Advanced skill players and that may be as high a skill level as most who enter will ever achieve. If a potential gold level player is really that good, they should have no problem mopping up the courses designed for blue level and past Advanced champs have shown that to be the case.
do you buy your way to am worlds or is it invite only??!
bump
Those invited have 60 days to register before it's opened up to everyone if there are spaces remaining. It hasn't sold out yet before everyone was able to sign up. Just make sure to be ready to register once the date for everyone to sign up gets posted, probably sometime in mid-May.
thx Chuck, much appreciated, so i guess i can't plan a vacation around it right now, lol, unless as a spectator.
What's up folks I am from Oregon and am lookin to come in to Ohio for Am Worlds. I need to establish a home base for the time I am there and I am looking for some dudes to HELP A BROTHER OUT! I'm a good cook, a good player, and I like to have a good time. After Am Worlds I will be heading back to my home town in Indiana for Pro Worlds. I live about 35-40 minutes away from the course complex and anyone that helps me out will have a place to stay during pro week. Email me at cornett@uoregon.edu or call 219-916-0451. I'm trying to get these plans set up early.
Hi my name is Brandon I am coming to worlds next week and have no where to stay if anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know I can pay some money but don't have enought to fork out for a hotel and rental car please help 360 556 2164

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968