www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just played yesterday with it and would have to say I'm not all that impressed with it. It's super flippy almost like throwing a normal frisbee. They ran out of packages when I got there they ran out of packages so I only had the pro plastic and the hardest time throwing it. Every throw it flipped. It to me was very unpredictable. I do like it for putting but to me it was worthless as a driving putter.

Anyway what's your thoughts on it?

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love it.  Yeah I didn't get an ace with it at the ace race but I ran the basket on almost every hole (missed usually inches right, left or high).  The only time I would not use this disc for drives is if it was windy.  In the wind I could picture this disc to be very very understable.  But I would have to say I really like this disc.
I hit chains but it didnt stick. I like it for putting only but not driving. Its just not consistent for me. Btw im not a discraft hater either just so you know.
never said you hated Discraft.  Lol.
I know. I was just saying that so it was understood im not biased twoards one company or the other. For some reason people won't use a good disc because it's not innova or vice versa.

It's not a stable disc for sure but not super flippy either. Maybe you're throwing too hard or throw everything with anny or maybe you don't know what flippy means. You said you hit chains, did that one not flip? We had a long drive contest in between rounds and they weren't flipping. This disc is a copy of the Aero, designed to go where you throw it, not be predictable. I think you're full of flip. New discs are never flippy. Just because a new disc can turn over doesn't make it flippy.

Also if they ran out of packages that's not the discs fault, it's the club that ran the event, why bring that up?

I brought up that I didnt get a package to state I only got 1 type of plastic nothing against discraft. I think the one I got was a 172 in the lesser of the stable plastic. It wasnt just me having issues with it turning every throw either. I personally liked for putts or very short approaches but as soon as you had to out something on it it would turn right. I did hit chains yes with a good straight throw but they just weren't consistent.

To me this disc throws like a normal frisbee you would play catch with. My problem with that is ever since I started playing disc golf I havent been able to throw one with out it flipping on me.

Anyway these were ny thoughts of the disc. I can see yours were different and thats what I asked for. Thanks for your reply.
What Type of Plastic ? FLX ?
They gave everyone an one ESP and one Pro D. I heard all the comparisons to the Innova Aero before I went to the Ace Race, but DANG it sure seemed less stable than the Aero to me. The thing it really did for me was let me know when I threw correctly, but more so, when I through BADLY.
I liked it, the pro d seemed to be more understable than the esp. When I threw either one really hard they did want to turnover, but with the right amount of pace they flew dead straight (at least for me) tons of glide...I don't know how you ended up with a 172g though, I was the first one at ours and the lightest disc I found was 177g, most were in the 180-182g range.
I looked at the sticker again and its actually says 174-176. Sorry I was wrong on that.
I threw the disc in the other plastic yesterday. It was much better. I only wish I had it when I was playing the ace race.
My Pro D sure seemed to be more stable than my ESP for some reason. Both were 179-181gm.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968