www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know I'm late to the game on this one, but please PDGA, make this one a lot simpler (and fairer) and just make any disc hanging off that strange metal contraption in any manner count.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Witness Shmitness. I don't need no stinking witness! Step away from the wedgie.

As a whole I agree with you, if it's not on the ground and supported in any way but the target, it's good. Although, what this would do is introduce a higher level of luck and reduce the skill needed to properly complete the hole. The "all or nothing" approach really rewards sloppy play and removes a little of the precision needed to currently hit the target area.

Blew right by that comment I guess. Shouldn't be any problems not having substances at business meetings.
I have never heard a good argument to why they don't all count. Count it if it's supported by the basket. Shouldn't matter if it's on top or on the outside. Who takes the game that serious that they're worried about losing by one stroke to someone who get's lucky. It's pretty freakin rare that this happens. No one is going to take advantage of the ability to land on top of the basket. Would you all rule makers please pull your thumbs out of each others butts.

"The sport started with hitting a target area on an object to hole out. The spirit of that concept is now better reflected with the rule update for 2011. The only reason for the basket invention in the beginning was to confirm that shots have hit the target in the case the shot wasn't seen." - Chuck Kennedy

In other words, if you don't hit the target area on the basket, and instead stick a wedgie or a shot on top of the basket, then you would not have hit the target area in the original game of disc golf before the baskets were invented.  Seems logical to me.

"Who takes the game that serious that they're worried about losing by one stroke to someone who get's lucky."

The pros and others playing in tournaments.  If you and your friends want to say that anything supported by the basket counts during a casual round, go right ahead but there needs to be some continuity in the rules for tournaments.  It's not that hard to just put the disc in the basket.  By the way, how often do you think you'll lose by a stroke if you can't count your wedgie or the shot that lands on top?  That's just as rare as losing to someone by one stroke because their wedgie or shot on top did count.

you should play with some of the guys I play with.  During a bag tag round every single PDGA rule is in effect.  They will still argue rules a week and a half after a round even after looking them up.  I carry a rule book just to cover my ass on some of the stuff they call
yep, I can't tell you how many times a one stroke made the difference between first and second (or between other places) in tournaments and casual play. Once people graduate from playing with two discs and 8 friends on the same hole, the need for following the rules becomes evident.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968