www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Discuss..

http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011

Highlights: Wedged putts do NOT count if 'witnessed' to have wedged in cage from the outside.

TD- Optional Drop-Zone for lost discs.

Player can't use first shot when throwing a provisional, the provisional shot is the correct lie (as I read it, a bit confusing).

Obstacle to stance- can move a stick in your stance if part of it extends in front of your lie now.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is no legal throw with a release while the player is in the air with no ground contact.

But the rule does allow casual obstacles in the player's run-up to be (re)moved on a putt jump. Note that sticks/branches and leaves can be moved but not rocks or acorns based on the official wording:

803.05B. Casual Obstacles to a Stance: A player may obtain relief only from the following obstacles that are in the stance or run-up area: casual water, loose leaves or debris, broken branches no longer connected to a tree, motor vehicles, harmful insects or animals, players' equipment, people, or any item or area specifically designated by the director before the round.

"debris"?
Maybe. It's not clearly defined. I doubt a group would mind acorns, stones and pebbles being swept out of the way with your feet. After all, sometimes the playing surface might actually be gravel. But moving an unattached rock of some unspecified size might be frowned upon.

This discussion as been a good read.

For one.. to hear everyone's view on the new rule changes and two..  to hear different scenarios where I might see these calls come into play. I appreciate it.

I think wedged putts should count. Involving witness/ no witness complicates the game. I think discs on the top should NOT count as well as hangers(never seen one that stayed ) as well. Those events don't need a witness.  If this bugs people so much then they should put a guard around the exterior or the basket that won't allow a disc to enter and stick. A simple piece of plastic attached with cable ties would work. Otherwise let the things count. Actually I like the novelty of someone holing out that way. Good for a laugh.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968