www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Discuss..

http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011

Highlights: Wedged putts do NOT count if 'witnessed' to have wedged in cage from the outside.

TD- Optional Drop-Zone for lost discs.

Player can't use first shot when throwing a provisional, the provisional shot is the correct lie (as I read it, a bit confusing).

Obstacle to stance- can move a stick in your stance if part of it extends in front of your lie now.

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To the PDGA- the rules allow you to move away from harmful insects or animals, but how about a provision allowing for harmful plants? We all know how much I hate poison ivy- I shouldn't have to stand in 5 foot tall poison ivy to throw if someone who is allergic to bees gets to move away from a bee's hive. That's my 2 cents.
I agree Ben, nice point!
I heard you had a problem with hole 17 at Deerfield park
Agreed!  Get "em Ben before my 2011 rules book get's here!
Too late, I got mine in the mail on Wednesday :-(
wedged putt?
its when a disc wedges it self in the side of the basket.  Its shown in the pic in the article.
when the disc is "jammed" into the basket between the tines, typically from a forceful shot with a soft disc.It bends and wedges itself in the basket.

I feel that getting the word out on the holing out will be the most important as it's the one that will come into play the most often. I haven't read the new rules yet (and therefore shouldnt comment) but I hope the verbiage that notes "supported by" the basket has been changed to something like "supported inside or by horizontal support members of basket" to clarify that the wedge or balancing act is not considered holed out.

The holed out once the group determines the disc is at rest is a good relaxment of the rules as it will allow other players to officially remove the shooters disc from the basket (as the players hole is officially finished) and potentially speed up play.

On the Provisional ruling you mentioned, I read it that if you shoot a Provisional and then find the original throw, then the provisional can not be used as an Optional Rethrow. You must go back and do the Optional Rethrow if the player determines they don't like thier lie, or it's out of bounds once found. 

strike "out of bounds once found" from end of my post. It's one of the reasons for taking a provisional. Of course if out of bounds on original throw, the provisional would then be a re-tee with the appropriate penalty.
How many times have you(anyone) seen a shot wedge in the cage? I've seen three,one at worlds.
thinking about, maybe one or two times over the last 15 years

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968