www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Discuss..

http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011

Highlights: Wedged putts do NOT count if 'witnessed' to have wedged in cage from the outside.

TD- Optional Drop-Zone for lost discs.

Player can't use first shot when throwing a provisional, the provisional shot is the correct lie (as I read it, a bit confusing).

Obstacle to stance- can move a stick in your stance if part of it extends in front of your lie now.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Mr. Information,

I appreciate that fact.

Merry Xmas!

"Benefit of doubt to the player"  These are the finest words ever! 
Do you know if any Major, NT or Supertour use the 2 meter rule?
Yep. I'm pretty sure the NT at Delaveaga and any SuperTour (A-tier) in Norcal uses it everywhere. We used it on one hole at PW2007 in Wisconsin. Seneca A-tier in Maryland uses it everywhere. It will be interesting to see how or if it's used for Pro Worlds in Santa Cruz this coming year. That hasn't been discussed yet.
If a disc is stuck over 2 meters in a tree, it's usually tough to get out, therefore time consuming. So I say  "Penalty". 
Technically, you only have 30 seconds to play once you find it, determine it's above 2m and mark it. There are many other locations in the schule that can take just as long to get to and play from than a disc above 2m.
Yes sir, I see this 30 second rule not used, way too much.  Actually I may not have ever seen it enforced.  Just always here players bitching someone else is taking to long.  BTW. can 30 seconds be called by a player on a separate card. or does it still have the 2 players on same card or official.
Yes, many times you see players mark the lie with a mini and take time to retrieve the disc before throwing. Once you mark the lie, you have 30 seconds to throw. Then take the time to try and retrieve it while the other players in your group move forward to their lies and can throw.
As long as the rules are the same for everyone then it is fair.  I just gotta make sure to keep up on them and get a new rule book because people love to say they know the rules until you pull out the rulebook.  I noticed the same thing when i was in the Army people think that rules are right just because someone who has been there longer said it was but they are way off from rules /regulations.  Look it up and keep a copy with you C.Y.O.A. (cover your own ass)
Not that matters..I just like conflict. But that is not completely correct. You have 30 seconds once your ready to throw...i.e start addressing your shot...not once you find it.
Read what I said. Once you mark it you have 30 seconds (801.03A) if there are no distractions.
Oh yeah...sorry....just keeping you on your toes   (411.1)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968