www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I read on the PDGA site that 2011 Pro worlds bids were being accepted at the spring summit May 13th.  Has anyone heard where teh 2011 Pro worlds will be held?

Tags: 2011, Pro, worlds

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've looked around and haven't found anything on this.
The only bidder was Santa Cruz and the PDGA Board is currently pondering whether to approve the bid.
Really!? Only ONE place put in a bid for worlds?
Wow...that's insane that there was only one bid. There's always Houston!
For PRO Worlds as these events historically lose money for the host club. Hosing Am Worlds can make a club a ton of cash and get new courses installed around the area to boot!
Swweeeet! I know you don't care for Santa Cruz Chuck, but combine the course with the area it's being played in. It makes for a great weekend. Even I must argee with you to some degree. Da La, is not what it use to be. However with the other course in the area. It would be great to have it played on multiple courses over the course of the weekend.
It's not that I don't think Dela is fun to play. But understand I can't give it thumbs up with crossing fairways as the PDGA Course Design official gatekeeper, especially when the course is fully loaded. Crossing fairways would likely be one of the top design no-nos, if not the top one. Throwing toward a parking lot would be another one. Pin placements with extreme and fluky rollaway potential would be another one.

But I would expect the layout played for Worlds will be similar to the one just played for the NT since it seemed to work. We're not at the point where we can have all that we might want at Worlds since only few bid and they rarely have strengths in all areas. So each crew doing the best they can each year is the reality.

I expect I'll be part of the advance team working with the staff for the event to determine the schedule and what divisions play what courses and what those layouts should be when there are tee/pin choices. It will be quite different than prior Worlds since some of the courses will be 27 holes in the schedule.
That's what I was reffering to (crossing fairways), because you had mentioned it in a previous post. I imagine the course was built before there was such a thing as course designers (for disc golf). For me the large amount of foot traffic over the years. Has really beat down that course. It's just beat up imo. However, with Pinto Lake being an 18 hole course now as well as Black Mouse. I just see a very, very tough gorup of courses. One other thing, if Santa Cruz get the nod. The PDGA should see if Technu will want to sponsor the tournament. With all that poison oak out there. It's a no bariner! lol!!
Black Mouse is OK, but if Worlds ends up here in Santa Cruz it probably won't be one of the courses. There is no way Felton could handle the crowd. I first heard about the bid from Merle Witvoet as I was taking a class with him as the instructor and he said the grand vision was DeLa, Pinto Lake, Oaks @ CSUMB, and Ryan Ranch in Del Rey Oaks. Possibly a course out in San Jose, but I don't remember which one. Only time will tell.
All divisions won't be playing the same courses. Some courses will be played by smaller and/or older divisions. It's not uncommon for the Legends and older women to be the only ones to play certain courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968