www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The 2012 Ace Race prototype disc is officially classified as a long range driver, but it could be more accurately described as a hybrid driver and is superb for running aces! Faster than a Buzzz but slower than a Stalker, the disc offers players controlled fairway shots. At medium to fast speeds this disc will hold the line to finish with a slight hyzer. Give it a rip!

Each player will receive two 2012 prototype drivers, mini, sticker, premium water bottle and a pair of UV shades. All for only $25!

Glad to see this years disc is a driver. 

Tags: ace, race

Views: 752

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Besides the Discraft basket that only goes to the 3 largest attended events overall what is the grand prize for each individual tournament?  I cant find that info anywhere.

8 discs and large bag. http://discgolfacerace.com/

It says what's in the player's pack and that there will be baskets going out to the top 3 largest turn out events but nothing about the regular grand prize that every event will get..  

Think that was for 2011.  Says the grand prize for this year hasn't been announced yet.

I won several years ago and it seemed like I got a lot more than 8 discs and a bag.  Maybe closer to double that amount

Being visually impaired the glasses kind of bum me out! But the water bottle looks sweet!

Quick question here.  I'm not trying to be cynical or anything. =)  But, does an official of some sort accompany groups when they play a round to make sure the aces and metal hits are recorded correctly or do they groups go on their own?  How big are the groups typically?  Haven't run one before and was thinking about running one down here in the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks!

nope, no "official" its all done on the honor system.  what we do is everyone one the same card watches and listens as the other players throw. if its in question if "metal" was hit the majority wins..  

Having played our Ace Race on Sat, I agree that the disc is faster than the Buzzz, but I think its the same speed as the Stalker and more stable.  It seems like a nice disc as a fairway driver but I don't think its a good choice for the Ace Race.  Reasoning?  Over here in Oz we promote the Ace Race as a great beginner tournament and try to make sure the majority of our players leave with at least one Ace or Metal on their score card, this disc made it hard for some of the players new to the sport to throw effectively.

Having said that, the Ace Race is my favourite tournament overall, if you havent played one i strongly recommend that you sign up for one this year!

Haven't competed in an ace race before, really looking forward to this now. Thanks for posting this!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968