www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Finish the sentence....

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kiss comes to town!!!!!!!

a bird poos on your disc

I never know when another ace is coming. I hit pole just below the basket yesterday.

...Ace Freely shows up to play.

...Daytona/DeBary  disc golfers are on the course. ;>}

I agree.  Aces happen when they happen.  I  know good players who have not had an ace in years.  I got my first ace of '12 last week after a 5 month drought and coming close many times.  I wondered if I would ever get another.

The best way to get aces is to play a lot on short courses.  But aces are not equal.  I appreciate aces most in big tournaments (I have had one in the World Championships and one in the State Championships-with the same disc), which provide the winning margin in a tournament (once, with 2 holes to play for a one stroke victory) and aces over 300 feet long (only 3 I recall) and of course, big ace pools.

Aces which count the least:  Black Aces ( 1), pure luck aces (2 deflection aces and one roller) and total shank aces which happen to be caught by the basket ( I had one on a basket on a small hill with OB just past the hill, which I was trying to gently skip up next to. Instead I threw a terrible shot, too high and too hard which was rescued by the chains).

That's funny how sometimes a bad shot turns good by going in.

Know the feeling. 

In my case when hell freezes over.....1 ace in 25 yrs.

Some times you kinda have a feeling that you are going to ace...

I predicted that I would ace Feb 11 of this year 3 or 4 weeks before it happened (and it happened). Once in a tournament I had a feeling that I would ace a hole when I stood up to it, and took a little extra time visualizing my shot (and it went in). We had a $380 ace pot that I was certain I would hit  weeks in advance (i did). I had a friend who went to a course on 4/20/10 to get an ace and he got one. I agree with Mark that every ace has different meaning. I don't consider black aces to be the least meaningful (I also don't consider them aces)- black aces are way less common than real aces, and often accompany real aces.

so... no one really knows, but there are some good predictors...

or better, if you know the signs... you are more likely to capitalize on oppertunity because you are being optomistic and your brain (consciously, subconsciously , and unconsciously) is seeking it

my friends HAK, Wilson and many others tend to get aces in bunches (2 in a week, or 3 in 4 days).

People who are bi-polar are more likely to hit an ace in a state of mania.

black aces, crazy putts, metal hits, normal aces, holidays, people you know having a b-day, unusual weather, and seeing people you haven't seen for a while are all things that go with aces.

I am not a super superstitious person, it's just the way it happens

You are right about the bipolar thing. I have never been diagnosed as such but I have my down days and my up days. The last ace that I hit was on an up day of sorts. Actually I was on my way to the liquor store to pick up a couple of beers when my Volvo got T-boned. I was just driving along about one block from the liquor store and an idiot pulled an illegal U-turn and hit me. I was in total disbelief. The car was disabled and I had to catch a ride to the course. Somehow I was in the disc golf zone, however, and I stepped up to a certain hole, looked into the air at where I wanted to throw and drained an ace. It was a bit crazy having the car get hit and then popping an ace all in the same day. Definitely a day of mania. That ace was only worth about $20 as the ace pool had been drained for $564 the week before. Oh well. I bought some beer the next week for everyone.

About a week and a half ago we had a guy hit an ace before the league round and then hit another during the league round.

I also know a guy who drained his first ace in league and then hit another one the same week. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968