www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ive had guys on my card at tournys who can successfully pull it off and BOMB their drives, not to mention watching video after video of Avery do it! ive been thinking about trying to learn it to use on long open courses. anyone on here do it or have attempted it?

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that incourages me,I just played around with it last week and did a controled mellow 360 and added 50ft.I then tryed to throw like a spassed tornadeo but controll went out the window but I couldnt beleive how fast that disc flew.This thread encourages me to kep at it.
I used to freak people out in the early 80's when I would 360* toss disc after disc from underneath one goal post thru the other goal post. I don't use that shot much now. Then in the mid to late 90's I could crush 500 footers with both of my feet planted.
Chad Curtis said:
I prefer the "540 mute-grab" drive myself. 360's are played out.

did a switch tre-flip drive yesterday, it was sweet.
Rodeo 540 is the way to really do it right, max distance and wicked style points lol!
I pull out the 360 drive all the time. It is always a crowd pleaser. I practiced in a field with a Blowfly. Then I took it to the course. I also enjoy reading post from people about their distance on thier drives. Almost always an inflated # IMO.
I saw a player practicing for a tournament throw a drive over 700 ft with a 360 drive, it is very impressive if you can pull it off.
I see many people throw 360s in distance competitions, but few use it in Tourneys. Garrett Gurthie doesn't need the extra distance. Gregg Hosfeld is the only one I know who uses it in regular play. Hos is very accurate with his 360 "Spin Drive". I can do it, but it is rare for me to even get a long throw from it. Forget about accuracy.
i tried it on hole 9 at oshtemo yesterday on my first round and it seemed it would have turned out nicely hugging the right side of the fairway, but as everyone knows, there is a huge anhyzer bush that gets in the way so it just got knocked down and i ended up shooting a 4 on that hole.
I am going to have to try it out. any advise on technique
I play with a couple of guys, who can pull off consistently sharp crisp accurate 360 drives and bomb them up to and sometimes past the 500 mark. I myself, (after watching them do it up close for awhile now) have been trying to attempt it lately and it is definitely putting some d in my throw, but it's going to take some practice getting the drives to be precise. With some practice I think I can have it down by summer time.
Jamie said:
I pull out the 360 drive all the time. It is always a crowd pleaser. I practiced in a field with a Blowfly. Then I took it to the course. I also enjoy reading post from people about their distance on thier drives. Almost always an inflated # IMO.

I can effortlessly throw my JuJu 90,000 millimeters : )
Chad Curtis said:
I prefer the "540 mute-grab" drive myself. 360's are played out.

lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968