www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ive had guys on my card at tournys who can successfully pull it off and BOMB their drives, not to mention watching video after video of Avery do it! ive been thinking about trying to learn it to use on long open courses. anyone on here do it or have attempted it?

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not a horrible techniquefor distance lines/competitions, but VERY hard to pull off consistantly on a course.
why?
i've tried... and can currently backhand my putter farther than my 360 drive.
Disc nut said:
why?

get huge D on open holes where placement is second to disctance.
Full Contact Disc Golf said:
i've tried... and can currently backhand my putter farther than my 360 drive.

haha, hope my attempts work better.
i've never tried it, hope it works for ya.
I get an extra 50+ feet with the 360, but accuracy is way low. I did pull off an upset in a LD contest with one that connected.
just tried it last week in open field. getting the boss over 500ft. left/right/tail wind
YEAH lots of fun in an open ferild or big open drive i suggest tryin to start out with something understable untill u get the hang of how its gonna come out of your hand and get some control.at least thats what i had a problem starting out throwing sumthing overstable and havein it hyszer super hard super fast so i switched to something a little less stable such as a boss or a wriath and it should stand up and and S out nicely... good luck, its fun watchin a disc fly over 500 ft.....

DS
A Boss is less stable? What were you throwing before that?
Richard A Rudzena said:
YEAH lots of fun in an open ferild or big open drive i suggest tryin to start out with something understable untill u get the hang of how its gonna come out of your hand and get some control.at least thats what i had a problem starting out throwing sumthing overstable and havein it hyszer super hard super fast so i switched to something a little less stable such as a boss or a wriath and it should stand up and and S out nicely... good luck, its fun watchin a disc fly over 500 ft.....

DS
oh when i first tried it i was throwin an xcaliber or a destryoer...
hey guys. just my two cents. i actually ALMOST exclusively throw with a 360 on drives. it adds about 100 ft to my drives. its just the way i learned. as far as placement and accuracy? i throw a star orc or or destroyer and can almost always put em' where i want. we have long holes here in el paso and i dont throw very far without the turn so i use it to keep up with the cannon armed guys. with practice, i think it can be just as useful as a regular throw. good luck bro i hope ive helped a little.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968