www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been messing around the the data from the 12/31/2008 PDGA Course Directory, finding the shortest paths that hit enough disc golf courses to play 400 or more holes.

Guess where the best results were, then go here to look:

I know it's a little out of date, and the "miles" I calculated are direct, not driving miles. There may also be some courses that don't have the proper longitude and latitude in the directory. So, if anyone seriously needs the information, it will take some more work.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be interested in seeing how many holes I can get in on June 27, when our "South Zone" organization within the greater Minnesota Frisbee Association (MFA) is hosting a Disc Golf Marathon fundraiser. We're not worried about playing X number of different DG holes though...just total number of holes played in a day. Most attendees will shoot for 125-150 holes of disc golf, I assume. That would equal 9-11 rounds on our host course...which averages 250 feet/hole off the tee. Short enough to play fast, though LONG rough and lots of water if players get too sloppy.

400 holes in a day though?! Maybe 20 years ago on a single course with a 6-pack of Jolt in my system...but with my body pushing 40 and having the added factor of drive time between different courses? I have a hard time thinking it can be done. I'm tired after about a 200-hole DG weekend...and that's spread over 48 hours. Doubling that, in half the time?! It sounds more like punishment than fun.
You must remember there will be OTHER disc golfers in your way. Maybe course closures. Traffic jam due to accidents. Maybe asking too much.
thats a great idea Mark. next time i try something stupid ill do this
instead....lol
Amendment: I ran it though another optimizer and reduced the driving by 27 miles, down to 293. This gives you another 3 seconds per hole. Perhaps more importantly, it bunches up the short drives, so you get one 48 minute bread, and more 20 minute breaks. Going from south to north puts the long drives more toward the end of the day, when you'll need them.

The new plan is now up on my website http://stevewestdiscgolf.com/400holes.aspx.

I agree with everyone that this would be very tough to do - nearly impossible and brutally punishing. But, doesn't that describe most attempts at greatness?

Just remember, Peter Lindstrom and his friends are the crazies who are trying it, not me.

I just find it interesting to live in an area where you COULD theoretically play 500 holes in one day.
I played 5 different couses in Tennessee this winter and have just recently regained the ability to hold a ball in my hand. It is tempting and a ton of fun to throw all day, but not a good thing for your body mechanics. Ill be interested to see how you hold up...Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968