www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all. My name is Michael and this is my first post here. Well the discs that I got for my wife and I are about 6 hours old. We played a hole over in Northville, MI. Well... we tried at any rate. Sucked big time. The hole was uphill and by the time we made it we both was exhausted. We are very much out of shape you see:) Eh.... but it was and will be fun.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to disc golf, hope you have as much fun playing as i do.
Welcome! It's a blast.Wait till your shoulder starts to hurt in a few days! Thats when you will know your hooked. Because you will still go play despite the pain!
greatest game ever. soon you will be taking out a second mortgage to pay for your plastic obsession. which means you will have to find a second job, but soon you will come to realize that a job just gets in the way of playing disc golf. so you'll quit both your jobs and live in your car in the course parking lot with a sign on it that says "will putt for food". some people may not understand this. some will heckle you. others will give you spare change for no reason. do not let this discourage you. keep the faith and stay strong. when you let one fly 4 or 5 hundred feet off the tee or you sink that 70 ft jump putt, you will know that you made the right decision. and you can say to all those who doubted you ... this is the greatest game. ever. enjoy the journey.
Hi Michael and welcome to the fun that is disc golf and our little community here at discgolfersr.us .
lucky man to have your wife playing along with you :)
Michael-

Worry not about your abilities (or any lack thereof). As another fellow who sucks big time, trust me when I say that you'll find yourself in good company here! Welcome!
Thanks all! I have been on medical leave for 2 months and have not been able to do much for about 4 so I am very much out of shape. Just been able to walk. I had a hernia operation. My wife decided to join me after last summer. We were walking in a park that just happened to be a golf course as well. Caught a few games and she thought it would be a fun way to get some exercise. So here we are:) Thought I have noticed that there are not a lot of women playing. Shame.
Welcome to the reatest grass roots sport to hit in our life time. Do not expect to ever throw 4-5 hundered feet. Only a small percentage of players will ever throw that. Concentrate on consistancy and having fun...which is where the consistancy comes into play. Its really all about the comradery and the small yet noticable improvements you and your wife will start to see in a very short time. Good luck bro.
Make one nice shot and you will never want to do anything else with your free time! A few tips...... stay away from overstable discs, keep it flat across your chest, go slow to start and have fun!

you can get some how to info from youtube just search for discraft clinics. good luck.
I use to work in the medical field. Till my second nickname became "Glass Back!" This is the only "sport" (for lack of a better term) that I was able to play without being laid up for a week! It's great fun and can be quite competitive at times. Plus it does offer you some good activity!

Michael said:
Thanks all! I have been on medical leave for 2 months and have not been able to do much for about 4 so I am very much out of shape. Just been able to walk. I had a hernia operation. My wife decided to join me after last summer. We were walking in a park that just happened to be a golf course as well. Caught a few games and she thought it would be a fun way to get some exercise. So here we are:) Thought I have noticed that there are not a lot of women playing. Shame.
Well if your six hours old to this sport your hooked like the rest of us. Congrats. I'm very glad to here that your wife joins you. Because your right there is not as many women that play as there are men. My wife will go out with me if the weather fits her liking. It is great exercise and fun hope you stick with it. the key to this game is relax and have fun. I need to work on relaxing my self but it will come. Welcome and have fun

Garrett
Congrats & welcome to the game! Get ready for many years of enjoyment. I know 6 hours to play one hole (that must've been some hill. Mountain maybe? Maybe it was the disc?) may seem like a lot but trust me, it won't take so long in the future. Once you get the hang of throwing these discs you'll get them in the basket a lot quicker. Soon you'll be playing all 18 holes. In one day! I know, it's hard to believe but I think you'll be able to do it. Good luck & keep at it! Have fun throwing!
hey now,welcome both of you.Keep your attitude positive,the exercsie will do both weight loss and enjoyment in a great sport.Addiction will follow,but it's a good addiction.Peace

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968