www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it just me or does the quality of the star plastic seem to have gone down a bit. I recently got a star boss and a star valkyrie. They don't seem to be as high quality as my other star plastic. They seem more filmsy and the light can be seen through them. Plus the dirt seems to stay on even after I wash them. So is it me or have other people notice?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm? Wish there were more responses to this one. Ive only got two star discs and I dont throw the sidewinder that often and the other is a valk for wownwind shots. Yours are actually opaque? That kinda rots for the prime price of star plastic.
Probably check with the manufactures !!!
I thought they came out with a "new" Star plastic molding tech. that was suppose to make them more stable. I might have missread it, but they made it sound like it was a new plastic. Thats when those "mini" Star Bosses came out in a limited # for player feedback???
It is not like the champion plastic but there is definitely a difference. It is like the center is almost thicker.
Rescue said:
I thought they came out with a "new" Star plastic molding tech. that was suppose to make them more stable. I might have missread it, but they made it sound like it was a new plastic. Thats when those "mini" Star Bosses came out in a limited # for player feedback???

Saw some this weekend and they are just adding stuff so that they dome up and are a little stiffer. They actually feel better than the regular innova stuff if you ask me.

With that said I think the Star quality went down a while ago and it is already cheaper than Champ to make.
Must be their new "stablizing" tech they have been talking about. Thats why I stick with the Champ plastic. Once you break it in. You get a disc that flies the same for years. To me Star just doesn't last.

Robby said:
It is not like the champion plastic but there is definitely a difference. It is like the center is almost thicker.
Now only if they can make the pro plastic last for years
The plastic was made differently so they would be able to run Bosses in lighter weights
I disagree completely with most of you. I think the star plastic, which I feel has a bit of Champion in it now, is better than ever. Also, I think the stabilization process was not to make the individual disc more stable but to stablize the run. Meaning that disc to disc will be more consistant. The old star plastic was hard and Innova's selling point is that Star plastic is grippy and durable so I agree with them. I feel in no way has Innova backslide or will they ever. If you arn't on board with them then you and disccrap will be left on the sidelines. IMO of course.
Well to be honest i don't know much about this yet. I have not thrown any star plastic discs put out this year. All my star discs where bought last year or the previous year. I loved it back then . I have a destroyer, tee-rex, and an sl. the are all great discs. My favorite plastic is discrafts flx that stuff is great.
Just for the sake of clarity how does that work???????

Jamie said:
I disagree completely with most of you. I think the star plastic, which I feel has a bit of Champion in it now, is better than ever. Also, I think the stabilization process was not to make the individual disc more stable but to stablize the run. Meaning that disc to disc will be more consistant. The old star plastic was hard and Innova's selling point is that Star plastic is grippy and durable so I agree with them. I feel in no way has Innova backslide or will they ever. If you arn't on board with them then you and disccrap will be left on the sidelines. IMO of course.
Just for the sake of clarity how does what work???????

Randy Terry said:
Just for the sake of clarity how does that work???????

Jamie said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968