www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it just me or does the quality of the star plastic seem to have gone down a bit. I recently got a star boss and a star valkyrie. They don't seem to be as high quality as my other star plastic. They seem more filmsy and the light can be seen through them. Plus the dirt seems to stay on even after I wash them. So is it me or have other people notice?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

those standards have so much room for deviation! that would be the quality control - setting reasonable control limits on disc specs. instead, if a disc basically can make it out of the mold in one piece it goes to the shelves if its an innova one!

Randy Terry said:
It seems to me that you're getting stability and quality control concerns confused.Disc that weigh the same and are the same shape and rigidity,when thrown at the same speed,with the same number of "Z's"in the same direction and at the same angle of attack.In a windless environment.Will fly the same! disc that don't meet the standards of the prototype are ground up and remelted,injected into a mold until they meet said standards.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS DID YOU WORK FOR THEM?
Speaking of Quality Control, I just bought a "yellow" Star TL online. When I got the disc, it was more like an off white stained with yellow. In fact, it looked just like a gas station urinal. Probably the only disc that I wasn't sad to lose.
Randy, Objection: Conjecture. I did state: "That in my opinion." How do you know Randy? Do you work for them? I don't have anything confused. Innova says new stablization process? I say that means they stablized (to limit fluctuations) the runs to be more alike from disc to disc. I say that cause i have thrown the orc and the Boss that went through this process. Randy, I whole heartedly disagree with you about your "if yada yada yada." Disc fly very different from each other right outta the box. That is why i think they meant that they are trying to make each run more consistant. Just go with it buddy. I have put a lot of thought into this. You will end up hurting yourself if you try to out think me.
Randy Terry said:
It seems to me that you're getting stability and quality control concerns confused.Disc that weigh the same and are the same shape and rigidity,when thrown at the same speed,with the same number of "Z's"in the same direction and at the same angle of attack.In a windless environment.Will fly the same! disc that don't meet the standards of the prototype are ground up and remelted,injected into a mold until they meet said standards.
AHA HA HA HA! RAVE ON BRO?

Jamie said:
Randy, Objection: Conjecture. I did state: "That in my opinion." How do you know Randy? Do you work for them? I don't have anything confused. Innova says new stablization process? I say that means they stablized (to limit fluctuations) the runs to be more alike from disc to disc. I say that cause i have thrown the orc and the Boss that went through this process. Randy, I whole heartedly disagree with you about your "if yada yada yada." Disc fly very different from each other right outta the box. That is why i think they meant that they are trying to make each run more consistant. Just go with it buddy. I have put a lot of thought into this. You will end up hurting yourself if you try to out think me.
Randy Terry said:
If you go to the pdga forums Dave Dunnipace(cofounder) answers this question in the- Ask Dave D about Innova, in the equipment section. I read it like a week ago and don't feel like diggin thru the 140 pages of questions it was posted recently tho.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968