www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Nice article - http://www.pdga.com/node/62527 - reporting on a recent study of just how many steps one takes during a round of disc golf. Should be spread around!

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good article.
I think they should also study disc golf and carple tunnel. My pain has gone away since I started playing.
Great article disc golf is definitely good exercise
good to see my disc golf habit is exceptionally healthy for me
The toboggan is where this cardiovascular study should be performed!
Thanks for the fuel to help us with info towards not loosing our dgc.The recent county commish,along with parks and rec have decided to spend the 1.2million set aside for an additional 9 holes,and other ammentities that was for the regional parks expansion.They have voted to put in another baseball field for the college travel league.We did not invision them taking away our established dg course.The first 7 holes will be torn out!!
The college series runs only for the month of March,yet there are 5 fields already built.Four are little league and the 5th is semi-pro adult league.The distance of that field to fence is 315,that's at least Wriggleys field size!!
The upkeep of all fields for maintenance has been brought to everyone's attention.This dgc has been in the ground since late '90's. Sorry for the soap box rant.."an they put up a parking lot.."
Next time you go play a round, tell the wife you are going for a long walk.
you also need to tell her that there might be some disc golf holes that get in the way and well you should probably take your bag as well
You mean the disc golf "bag.'
of course not your wife
i try not to but she just follows me....lol...jk
and from what I read, it takes about 2000-2250 steps to walk a mile.
That means that since I started playing on a regular basis back in 1996, I have made about 13 million or more steps playing disc golf.... Wow! Which is about 6500 miles, or almost all the way around the world!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968