www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A loaded question for the Pros (if you can answer it without getting into trouble ;)

I know you guys or gals must throw your team/company discs. But I'm sure there was a time when you had a mixed bag. Soooo is there or was there some discs you would like to have that you can't, because it has the wrong logo on it?
Just curious and I also thought it might be fun to hear.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I seem to remember this topic coming up a little while back, and if I remember correctly, it was CE Firebirds that are his secret love...
Predator
Woot!!
First of all there isn't that many sponsored pros on here actively. I'm my own sponsor....and my sponsor says I can throw anything I like. Cool Huh?
Because no one would throw GDS if he didn't let them use whatever they want. Gateway may have a leg up in the putter department, but the rest of their discs fall very very short in comparison to Innova and Discraft. Even DGA can, at lease, offer more consistency from run to run.
I'm not very brand specific, in that I used to throw whatever worked for me, regardless of manufacturer. That said, I try to stick to more consistant manufacturers so in the event that I do loose one, I can pick another up that is almost identical. Because of that, I tend to buy Innova and Discraft molds more, because of their consistency.
I agree with your statement on consistency. I'm no pro, but I only use Innova discs, because they are consistent in their molds and that is what I feel comfortable throwing. I'm not anti discraft or Gateway or DGA, I just bought what was available to me in my small town, and as I began to branch out I just stuck with what I knew.
Well, if you want consistancy. You should try Latitude 64. Besides that, their plastic blows away Champ,Z, Star, and ESP plastic .
id rather havea players cup z tracker
agreed
Not even close! But to each his own......
Plastic is like any other arbitrary item. It is relative to your experience and what you prefer. People constantly want to argue whether Innova or Discraft is more consistent, which is a waste of time in my opinion. Neither are perfect, but those are the 2 best in my opinion. I use a number of molds from each comany and feel that they are equal to each other, but excel in different areas.
I believe that Innova drivers are better (for me) and Discraft midranges are better (again, for me) as far as putters are concerned, I (personally) like the Challenger more than any of the other putters on the market (right now) But, that is not a Discraft preference, just what workd for my putting style.
And, I guess, I'm a bit of a cranky old man in my lack of desire to try anything new. I know what I have in my bag works for me and, until it stops working, I'll continue to replace old discs with new runs of the same mold. That said, I just picked up my first Nuke last night by way of trade.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968