www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Critter Bill Themm devised an ingenious (or at least as ingenious as Critter gets) raincoat for his bag which I am passing along...

Start with a plastic garbage bag ( one of the thick "Contractor" types), place your disc golf bag inside of it and start building side walls (just tape around the perimeter in circular layers) and a bottom with Duck Tape. Leave enough space between your bag and the trash bag so there is an inch or so gap on the sides and the bottom. Roll the top of the trash bag down and create a top hem out of more Duck Tape. You want the top of the plastic bag to be much higher than the height of your golf bag so the plastic can be folded over to keep rain out.

The gap between the plastic bag and your bag allows you to carry extra stuff in that space (towels, rain jackets, etc.).

Now punch holes in the plastic bag at the points where your straps connect to the bag. Put the straps outside the plastic bag and attach to your golf bag through the holes. Reinforce the holes with...more Duck tape. By attaching the straps through the plastic bag, the straps keep the plastic bag in place.

I watched Critter play in the rain with this contraption and it appeared to work well.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got a picture of this contraption? Not to sound too pretentious
Can't fault any design that's got duct tape in it.

I like Mike Framo's 5-gallon bucket with a lid option. Doubles as its own seat, plenty watertight.

Joe
And Framo-O's bucket can hold a case of beer which will get him through most of a round without reloading.

Oh, and to Pop Arounleut, sorry I'm not picture enabled.

Disc Golf Live said:
Can't fault any design that's got duct tape in it.

I like Mike Framo's 5-gallon bucket with a lid option. Doubles as its own seat, plenty watertight.

Joe
Hefty or Glad trash bags ?
Donny, you are going to start another war. Isn't the Roc/Buzzz controversy enough for you?

Donny Olow said:
mark ellis said:
Donny, you are going to start another war. Isn't the Roc/Buzzz controversy enough for you?

Donny Olow said:

Thought I'd get a laugh from you Mark !!!
Real disc golfers only use Glad bags.
Glad and Hefty both suck.....Husky Contractor Bags at The Home Depot Rule!!!
Are those stronger ?
Donny Olow said:
Are those stronger ?

MUCH!
Trash bags are great for water proofing. Back in the traveling days I went to a rainy music festival with a pair of scissors a about few rolls of trash bags. I made custom fit trash bag rain coats and sold them for $1. It rained for 3 days and I sold over 1,000 of them. People were more willing to pay $1 for one of my trash bags, than $10 for the ponchos the festival was selling.
A "homey" remedy?

The Disc Player Sports Disc Golf Bag has a "water repellent added into the nylon.
Just zip up the bag and put everything inside it will stay dry.
It rains a lot down here in Sunny Florida. (Home of Disc Player Sports).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968