www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It has been a very long time since I've been here or posted anything at all since 2010. I was extremely into disc golf at the time and have only been able to go a hand full of times each summer since. It became very hard when I started working full time 40+ hours a week and also going to school full time.

That journey is almost at an end and I should be done with school and graduated by next winter.

You may ask why I decided to come back now even though I am still incredibly busy, and in the middle of winter no less... Well, I just recently moved and while I was moving I came across all of my stacks of discs and my bag and it made me really miss this game. I decided then that this coming spring I am going to play at least once a week hopefully more even though I won't be able to join a league due to my schedule right now.

Anyway, I'ts been such a long time since I've been on the scene I am curious about what all the new coolest discs, and other accessories are. When I stopped playing like crazy the Katana was just coming out and i never got a chance to throw it.

So... What are all of your favorite modern discs?

P.S.:I noticed I'm the only one online right now Is this still one of the big disc golf forums that gets a lot of traffic? if not which other forums would you guys recommend signing up for?

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome back to the game. I am really liking Latitude 64 discs. I have a "Flow" driver and a "Fuse" mid-range. Both are outstanding discs. I have gotten an ace with both of them. I think the Lat. 64 materials are superior to the old standard manufacturers like Innova and Discraft. 

New technology has introduced air bubbles in the rims which keeps weight down while keeping the aerodynamics of the heavier discs. This has increased my distance now that I am getting older and losing some of my strength. I think all manufacturers have this technology and they go by different names such as "blizzard", "Air", etc.

dgcoursereview.com

Awesome!

Has Discmania been up to anything new lately? I really loved their PD driver when I was playing. It was basically a longer range tee bird(not that a tee bird is all that short)

latitude 64/dynamic discs/westside "air" plastic.. learn it, know it, live it.

try a latitude saint pro.. it's the tee-bird killer for sure

Favorite "modern discs"? Lots of them out there and there is really a lot of overlap. Here are mine...

Westide King, Latitude 64 Flow, Star Vulcan, Lemon Lake Katana, Discraft Crank.

That Crank really goes a long ways. King is great for tailwinds.

Welcome back to the Sport of Disc Golf !!!!

Some of the Plastic has changed some and some New Molds from Different Manufactures have come out.

You may want to try some of them out.

Always make sure , when your coming back into this Sport , you choose the right weight in Disc's. Some Disc's will actually fly a bit further , especially Drivers , in the right weight.

I'm not sure what weights you have thrown or tried , always try to ask someone who has thrown a specific type of Golf Disc.

For myself , I am on Facebook alot and use the different Disc Golf Links there for Disc Golf Related Issues. Seems to be a good place to purchase disc's as well !!! 

Again , Welcome back to Disc Golf and wishing you many Birdies and Hole-In-One's !!!!!

I am trying to learn all over again , how to play disc golf.

Well..................atleast part of it from Scratch.

I had a Massive Stroke in October 15th , 2013 and was in the Hospital till the second week in December.

I was Paralyzed on my whole left side of my body from my Skull , Eye Socket ( which still is not functioning correctly yet ) to my Feet.  I also am having Paralysis in my Right Forearm and Right Leg. They didn't want to send me Home when I asked to leave.

They wanted me to go to a Skilled Nursing Facility. ( I did not have any Insurance at that time ) My current Insurance Plan , states that they do not cover such facilities.

For ANYONE trying to get ANY type of Insurance Plan Now , please , please read the fine print of each plan offered !!!!!

Right Now , Today , I kinda hobble around with a Aluminum Cane for Balance. My main concern is my Center of Balance.

I am Today , trying to find a Pharmacy Plan to refill my Prescriptions they sent me Home with from the Hospital. The Pharmacy called the Doctor for my refills and was denied by the Doctor. Now I have to find a New Doctor who will Fill or write me New Prescriptions. What a Hassle !!!!!  Shouldn't they have let me known about this ahead of time before my Prescriptions ran out ?

Anyways , I love Disc Golf and have been playing for Over 30+ years. I will force myself to get better , somehow , so I can play again. Paralysis or not !!! Pain or not !!!!  I can throw Upshots and Putt , while holding my cane. Driving is the Real Issue.  150-200 feet standing still is all I can get right now. 

Wish me Luck !!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968