www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I lost my BESTEST turnover driver the other day about 50 ft up in a cedar tree. SUCKS. It was a BEAT Star Roadrunner I have had FOREVER. I loved it cause even though it was beat and way Understable, I could still make it do what I wanted. 

So, for a new turnover driver I ordered an ABC Secret Weapon to try out. Anyone here throwing a Secret Weapon? What do you think of it?

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will have to let us know. There are a lot of different companies out there. My turnover disc is a DX TeeBird preferably with a little wear.
A great understable disc right out of the gate,i use mine for very long anhyzers,and also long rollers.The flying squirell from abc is another good disc,great midrange for those long turn overs,it holds a anhyzer better than any mid ive thrown without being to understable.Got my first ace after 15 years of throwing so it worked for me.
NICE Lee! Now that you said that, I remember your post about it.... :)
The Flying Squirrel, long glide mid range and Money putter have helped my game,both in the 150-158 weight range.Purchased the rest of the line,but still a work in progress.
I think you'll like the Secret Weapon.  I usually throw an Avenger SS for turnovers, and the Secret Weapon was very comparable but even less stable
AWESOME! Thank you Miss Gibbs. GREAT comparison. The Avenger SS has been the bread and butter of my drivers for awhile now. I JUST got it beat to where it REALLY started turning on me when I also put it up in a Cedar tree. So, if the Secret Weapon is a bit less stable, I think I got what I am looking for! Thanks for the feedback y'all. :)
The Secret Weapon helped me win a tourny yesterday....long range turnover disc that keeps turning...gotta try one...
Nice to hear you're winning tourneys, Bart! Good work!
SO..... I got my Secret Weapon in the mail today..... I gotta admit, it seems very SMALL in diameter compared to discs I have been using. BUT, I am WAY stoked to try it out. Hoping to get out Thursday and give it a Huck. CONGRATS to Discgolflymart.com on your Tourney Win! Hope the Secret Weapon brings me the same results!
Threw the "Secret Weapon" for the 1st time today. Used it whenever I had the chance. Flies just about like my broken in Star Roadrunner used too. What I was looking for in terms of flight. My only gripe is that I have a Hard time hanging on to the thing. Seems VERY slick compared to Elite Z, or even Champion, plastic for some reason. I will keep banging away at it though. Best shot of the day with it was a STRAIGHT down the shoot hyzer flip. Felt good.
glad you liked it. hopefully it'll start gripping better after little breaking in. the rim is really thin, i should have mentioned that before.
Ya, thin rim and Domey flight plate. Makes for premature release out of my hand. Still love the flight though. I'll keep it in the bag for sure. Thanks again for the recommend Hallie!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968