www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When you ace with a disc what do you do with it, do you retire it or leave it in your bag and throw it still????....I have a Buzzz in my bag that I've aced with twice and ill never retire it until it breaks or i cant fit any more signatures on it...but thats me...

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still have the Wasp in my bag I aced twice with in the same weekend, same hole even. Bought it off of Elaine King 2 weeks earlier at the Can-Am Finals in the parking lot. $10 won me $98 (was a split) and $30 in merch (Stole 3 skins in the final 9 skins). Thanks Elaine! Ive hit lots of metal with it since, nothing that has stuck though. Its a disc i have lots of confidence throwing, and throw well, why would you want to "retire" it? Get out there and throw it!
I've only ever hit one ace. I was by myself on hole 18 at my local course. Had the guy working not being out on the lawn mower I wouldn't have had any witnesses. It was a thumber with a champ valk that dropped straight in and stayed in. I've still got the disc in my bag. I didn't know people signed em. Its got nothing on it.
The only Ace Disc I retired to the wall is my first, 176 Black Cyclone. I kept using that Cyclone for a few months after subsequently beating the stability out of it...and of course, it flipped and I lost it...Man, I was bummed!! I couldn't believe I lost my first ace disc...the plan was to retire it when it became beat anyway...but no, I lost it.

A few more months went by..I had accepted the loss and was moving on with life...when out of the blue...it was returned to me. It went straight to the wall after that.

There are at least 5 discs in my bag right now I have had aces with....some multiple times. I haven't retired any others nor do I have anyone sign them. I don't want my discs all marked up like that...not for me.

I'll put the 100th on the wall...if and when the time comes....and might consider having it signed ; )
I only have 3 aces and have retired each for sentimental reasons.

Ace 1: 1st ace - retired
Ace 2: 385' in the air ace
Ace 3: Only ace I've been paid for and I really liked the picture I drew on it and didn't want to loose it in the future.

If the next ace is something special I'd may retire it, but won't know until that mystical day
i couldn't agree more
I have 5 aces, 2 of the discs have been retired. One was a 169 DX Roc which was also one of the first 3 discs I bought. The other is a Star Shark which is the only one that has sigs on it. 2 aces without witnesses and 2 with a guy who doesn't believe in the traditional disc signing dollar thing. I've never gotten a dime out of an ace.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968