www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Yesterday, at Heistand Park in Madison, WI, I got my first ace on Hole 14, the beautiful downhiller that overlooks the city. From the am tees (about 250 ft), it was a bit into the wind so I threw a 171 g Star Sidewinder with a bit of hyzer so that it helixed perfectly and slammed the chainz and stayed in the basket! Unbelievable! Had two friends in my group and two people were walking up to the pad, so I had 4 witnesses.

Now for my question: What is the proper etiquette after an ace? Do you write your name and date on the sign or the basket or just your disc, and do you have to do it right after the ace occurs? Also, is it cocky to carry a permanent marker with you, almost expecting an ace?

Tags: ace, etiquette

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, I completely agree, please do not deface any of the courses at any of the parks (tees, benches, baskets) Just because you think you have something "worth while" to write doesn't make it any different than the person that wrote some crude statement on the bench next to the tee. It is the same, thing, destructive and ugly. Sign your own property, your disc, and be done with it.
On the 51, I don't believe in it, since I don't believe lucky shots should be rewarded. But I always throw into the league/tourney ace pool, just in case I'm the one that throws the lucky shot that day.
Always carry something to mark your disc with. This is cool because when you do get an ace people can sign it. More to the point; being cocky would be saying that the two people that walked up to you guys were in your debt $5.00 each. That would be cocky for sure.
Only write on what is yours , the basket and signs are not yours to vandalize. If you write your name clearly enough the cops just might come see you . lmao
Just because a lot of people do it and the disc golfers are cool with it doesn't mean it's OK. Whoever owns the park and the signs and baskets probably doesn't want stuff written all over them. Disc golfers aren't the only ones who see the signs and baskets. Anybody in the park can see them and writing all over stuff does not make it look good.

Go ask the Parks and Recreation Director or the course owner if it's a private course if you can write on the stuff. The answer will be, "Are you serious? No you can't write on them!"
YES, What Donny Olow typed!
In Florida, the Parks and Rec department frowns upon vandalism in the park of any kind and threatens to remove courses if it keeps up...I remind as many people as I can and clean up anything I find.
I carry spray paint of every color as well as scrapers and cleaners to remove stickers and what not.
Punks keep spray painting the portable toilet at our course.
I have the exact same color paint as the port-o-let and I cover it up quickly!
The toilet is back to Green with no Graffiti Painting on it.
I have been to the courses in Michigan where there is writing on everything and it looks like Crap.
Go clean that crap up!
Do you really think anyone is reading that you got an ace and giving a damn...NO, the only thought is what an ARS they were to write on this nice equipment...a lot of it is copy cat behavior so if you clean it up then nobody gets the idea to even start writing there, but when you see a bunch of writing, you think it is OK. It is NOT!
Take Pride in your home course. Do your part to volunteer. Help educate others. Help your sport by making it inviting to everyone. Clean up your course.
You might get more courses installed by showing respect and keeping the ones you have now cleaned up?
You are Absolutely right. !!!! No Graffiti !!!!
I just sign and date the disc.........oh wait........I haven't hit an ace yet............DANG !

dance like this

dance like this
Wagner got signs on the front 9 with a place specificley for aces and you write your name on that section of the sign.
Thanks Mark. I am currently sculpting my own statue since no one else seems to think I deserve it ;)
what's wrong with our economy in michigan that we actually have to cut down on stuff, i heard that there might be a 5 % salary cut for teachers

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968