www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Yesterday, at Heistand Park in Madison, WI, I got my first ace on Hole 14, the beautiful downhiller that overlooks the city. From the am tees (about 250 ft), it was a bit into the wind so I threw a 171 g Star Sidewinder with a bit of hyzer so that it helixed perfectly and slammed the chainz and stayed in the basket! Unbelievable! Had two friends in my group and two people were walking up to the pad, so I had 4 witnesses.

Now for my question: What is the proper etiquette after an ace? Do you write your name and date on the sign or the basket or just your disc, and do you have to do it right after the ace occurs? Also, is it cocky to carry a permanent marker with you, almost expecting an ace?

Tags: ace, etiquette

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats! Only get signatures on your disc. I put the date and hole Aced on mine. Signing the basket or sign is vandalism for sure.
I signed my first few baskets and the discs, looking back on it...i shouldn't have done that. Now I only sign the discs.
Yo! It isn't cocky to carry a pen because most people have them to write (your name) on your disc anyway. And I don't know about everyone else but, I am trying to put it in the basket. I want every one of my throws to be an ace. Only write it down on your disc please, not on the basket. You can show it off to your friends that way. Chances are someone else has aced that hole before and I think it would be stuck up to write it on the basket.

My first Ace Dance looked more like this lol It happened on League night so I took my ace pool $$ and got a burning basket tattooed on my neck with the #13 in it (#13 at Mohawk Park in Brantford, Ontario, Canada). IMO the best way to immortalize your first 1 on the score card. And a sharpie is always a must, watching someone get an ace is almost as good as getting one yourself. NEVER VANDALIZE!
Pretty funny comment Ben....since your name was on every sign at Brown park ace or not.
Over here, if a club member hits an ace and has another club member as a witness, the club pays for a small metal plaque with the details of the ace, date and members name engraved on it, and we rivet it to the central pole just under the top of the basket. It looks very professional and also adds to the course's history.
How many aces are hit a year on that course?
Most likely not a short course.
Back in the day, some of the courses that had the early prototype and Mach I baskets actually had a sticker on the back of the number plate. It was sectioned off in a grid like fashion and provided maybe 40 spaces for people to document their ACE. I always thought this was a cool idea.

In St. Louis, we don't want to encourage graffitti (an existing problem), so we try to keep the benches, tee signs, baskets and such as clean as possible. A couple of the shorter, more casual-player orientated courses do seem to encourage writing your name on the basket. Problem is, they are Innova baskets and the sharpied names all over the belt looks pretty bad.
Nope, not a short course at all..... course has been in the ground for nearly twenty years, club has been going for nearly three years, i think theres five plaques over the nine holes. From memory, the shortest hole is 70 metres?
I suggest dancing naked while doing Tequila shots. At least that's what I plan to do when I hit my next ace. Real soon I think as I'm due!
Never, ever sign the target! Have the people in your group or other witnesses sign your disc. Many players carry a sharpie. You should always be prepared....
Just got an Ace Saturday at our Club Weekly. Plowed number three like a Kansas field in springtime. Had the group sign my disc and left the target alone. Just like that.
Badda Boom Badda Bing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968