www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Yesterday, at Heistand Park in Madison, WI, I got my first ace on Hole 14, the beautiful downhiller that overlooks the city. From the am tees (about 250 ft), it was a bit into the wind so I threw a 171 g Star Sidewinder with a bit of hyzer so that it helixed perfectly and slammed the chainz and stayed in the basket! Unbelievable! Had two friends in my group and two people were walking up to the pad, so I had 4 witnesses.

Now for my question: What is the proper etiquette after an ace? Do you write your name and date on the sign or the basket or just your disc, and do you have to do it right after the ace occurs? Also, is it cocky to carry a permanent marker with you, almost expecting an ace?

Tags: ace, etiquette

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe if you hit a 400-500ft ace, you MIGHT consider defacing the back of the number plate with your initials and the date. Otherwise,keep it on your disc. Hopefully you'll get enough aces that it helps to annotate them as: Ace #17 hole 16c Morely Field 3/19/10 ($200). Or something like that. Yes, that is an actual example.

Here is a good example of what NOT to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flNiT7uQ8c
Idiots!!!
Just imagine a ball golfer digging up the hole and keeping the dirt after an ace.
that might very well be one of the funniest things of disc golf i have ever seen
Wow, I've had 4 of them and have never been that crazy over an ace. I might be if I hit one that was over 400 ft, but not 120ft. That is pretty funny though.
I just spray paint the ground right under the line my disc took into the basket. That way everyone knows where Ive aced and how i did it. pretty clever. I start at the teepad and end at the chains

who needs sharpies....
That YouTube video is pathetic! The guy hits a short ace and then they all run up there and the moron jumps in the basket. What a tool! Do they realize how stupid they look? And then the guy throws his disc away. Junior league. Later in the comments he says that he did nothing wrong. If anyone knows that fool they need to set him straight. If that happened at our course there would be hell to pay.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968