www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When approaching a potential Ace hole during a round, I'm always faced with a tough decision. Do I grab a disc out of my bag that I would love to ace with, or one that I'll have the best chance to ace with?  I often have grandiose visions of certain plastic that I wouldn't mind just hanging up, right then, right there.  But then again, an Ace Disc should be a powerful tool you use to win.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't care what disc i make it with, as long as i actually make one lol  still waiting for my first ace

ace,but this buzzz is still in my bg waiting for another one
Both !   I have done Both !!!!  Always experiment  when not playing in a tournament !
If you can throw the disc there....use that one, eventually you'll get an ace.
I don't think I would ever throw a disc that wasn't right for the hole just to say I got an Ace with that disc , doesn't really make any sense to me.

Any disc can be right for the hole, it all depends on what line you want to take whether it is messing around or not.

I hear of people taking out a max weight champ boss and acing a 200' hole.  NO, that is not the disc I would throw, but it got him an ace.  I would have thrown a buzzz myself.

Just throw a disc into the basket, take the money and celebrate. It's that easy. And don't retire your ace discs to some wall somewhere. A good disc won't do you any good hanging on a wall.
I retired my very first ace disc.

I retired my first 5, First one because it was my first. 2nd one because I almost lost 3 times and I got scared to throw it. 3rd,4th, and 5th was on the same disc, and once again got scared to lose it.

I have tried to ace with a disc, just so I could retire it. I need a reason to pull it out the bag, it was to hard to find but flew too good to take out for any other reason. Ended up losing it the first time I tried to play safe on a hole lol.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968