www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this has happened to me twice now. It's a good problem to have if I say so. I sometimes play alone and throw multiple disc drives and sometimes play with friends. None of us "my group of friends" have ever aced off our first drive whether alone or with each other.

Basically, here's the question (I know it's superficial). I've hit a "hole-in-one" twice while alone. Once on my 5th drive and once on my 8th. When someone asks, do I say I've aced or not. It's all opinion obviously but it was pretty disappointing having noone with me or see it both times except God.

What do you guys think counts as a real ace?

Tags: Ace

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From tee to basket. ACE!
Porkchop said:
From tee to basket. ACE!

yup
I agree, IFit takes you one throw to get it from tee to basket. If i threw 1000 times and it went in on the very last throw, I wouldn't feel as thought I aced the hole. But I'm not going to start a fight about it. That's just my opinion. I think hitting the chains from the tee is a beautiful sight, no matter how many times you throw. Good post. This one may get interesting...
An Ace during practice is still an Ace.
And as far as the aces while alone. I say to thine own self be true. You know the count.
it's a mulli-ace (mulligan & ace) it qualifies but only sort of. it's better than a black ace but not as good a full blown first shot with 3 witnesses ace.
Rev. Noah said:
it's a mulli-ace (mulligan & ace) it qualifies but only sort of. it's better than a black ace but not as good a full blown first shot with 3 witnesses ace.

i think thats the best way to say it.
In a tournament you would not be able to count it. However if you put one into the basket from the tee I would have no problem calling it an ace. if you feel guilty call it a practice ace. Get your props where you can.
I agree with this don't care how many throws it takes and as far as I'm concerned GOD counts as a witness

Porkchop said:
From tee to basket. ACE!
I think I'm in the opposite camp. An Ace is a hole in one. If you are throwing multiple discs at the basket and your eigth shot goes in it's not a hole in one. Same thing if you chuck one out of bounds and sink the second one for a circle 3 not an ace. I guess my main reasoning is that if it is your second shot off the tee is it really any different than sinking a 300' fairway shot? Of course that's easy for me to say since I've never gotten a practice ace, a mulligan ace, or a circle ace. If I ever do I might suddenly see the logic in counting aces your way :-D As far as witnesses you know your count if anyone wants to doubt you let em.
This is a good one, I say yes and no, I have all 4 of my aces in play , first throw, and actually first person to throw in the group all 4 times, so Im not sure if the day comes when I throw a second throw because I didnt like my drive If I will allow myself to accept it as an ace, maybe I would put it in a different category like the "muli Ace" that was mentioned, I suppose its worth 5 bucks to watch tho. my bottome line would be Its an ace thats not worth as much .
I would call it an ace,but that $5 from 51 club is a no go. I wouldn't pay a 5th drive ace. Either way nice shot.
I think that any time you're throwing from the tee pad to the basket and it goes in it should be counted. Of course in real play you don't get "extra shots" but practicing drives from the pad to the basket and making it should be counted. It's always better to ace during a round, makes your pockets heavier and you have witnesses, but an ace is an ace. Nice throw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968