www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this has happened to me twice now. It's a good problem to have if I say so. I sometimes play alone and throw multiple disc drives and sometimes play with friends. None of us "my group of friends" have ever aced off our first drive whether alone or with each other.

Basically, here's the question (I know it's superficial). I've hit a "hole-in-one" twice while alone. Once on my 5th drive and once on my 8th. When someone asks, do I say I've aced or not. It's all opinion obviously but it was pretty disappointing having noone with me or see it both times except God.

What do you guys think counts as a real ace?

Tags: Ace

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i agree it doesn't have the greatness of a non practice ace. if you sit there and keep adjusting you shot then it is a ace but of diffrent calibur
I like the idea of a "practice ace". It's a good term to differentiate the type of ace you threw. The replies in this thread have made it apparent that there are different types of aces, so if you're honest with yourself and others about the type of ace you threw, I guess you could call it an ace if you want. It's a matter of priciple, I guess...
Maybe the best way to categorize it would be to have two different types of aces: Aces in tournaments and then All other aces that aren't in tournaments. This would simplify it. I think they all count. Good job teammate.
I don't think I would feel quite as accomplished on the 5th throw, but it's still a great shot. I would still feel awesome about it either way. Why worry about putting a title on that?
It's a Mulligan Ace, Practice Ace, or Bag emptying Ace. Although you got it in one shot, it took you 5 or 8 or 112 times to learn the line and make adjustments. I have more than 100 mulligan aces, but just over 30 "REAL" aces.
What Hero said. A true ace is the first shot off the tee only. Anything else is just practice. Call it a practice ace if you must, but it isn't a legit ace. I know many people that keep track of both types, but they don't combine them for a grand total.
NOT A ACE! maybe a good shot but not a ace. can't count that crap, so why call it a ace. ace is in the bucket in one shot, one try! call it whatever you want but not a ace. if you tried to tell me that was a ace on the course i would laugh at you all day long.if you hit the cage do you go around telling people you had a ace, same thing in my mind. besides did you you ace those holes next round you played at that course? no, so it was repetition and adjustments that let you put it in in one, not a good read of wind/conditions followed by the perfect throw that got it in in one. not a ace in my book of any sort, do it for real if you want to tell people about it!
Does it really matter? It felt good didn't it?

And don't worry about not having many aces. In a competition I normally try to throw close to the pin, not in the basket, unless it is uphill or I have a chance to throw a hyzer that I don't think will skip away too far.

That said I have 2 aces...one of them was a said hyzer. The other was a straight shot that I threw too hard...it was a serendipitous error. :-) Bottom line, most aces involve an element of luck...wind gusting at the right time, a specific chain link hanging a certain way, etc... play enough and you'll get them eventually. BUT, consistently throwing on the right line will up the odds greatly. Remember how those ace lines felt and then play some rounds only throwing one and focus!
not an ace without a witness
I say no way! If you keep it up you will have as many aces as CUBBY. All BS to me,, but opinions are like A-holes. I have upset a few people on other boards for trashing Cubby, oh well.
If you play a course and empty your whole bag on a hole, you should not brag about aces.
Its kind of funny, how come when Cubby plays with his friends he never aces, but when he's by himself, he gets four aces in on night?
"i threw with Big John today, he left then I got 5 aces!"
hey now,majority are caught on Cubby's video camera when throwing.Peace

moe. said:
I say no way! If you keep it up you will have as many aces as CUBBY. All BS to me,, but opinions are like A-holes. I have upset a few people on other boards for trashing Cubby, oh well.
If you play a course and empty your whole bag on a hole, you should not brag about aces.
Its kind of funny, how come when Cubby plays with his friends he never aces, but when he's by himself, he gets four aces in on night?
"i threw with Big John today, he left then I got 5 aces!"
its a practice ace. you too could have a blog on aces if you set up a camera and go to town with all your discs? I witnessed 4 yesterday in less than 30mins. Keep throwing at it, you will get one in an official round. Let me tell you It is the best to record that 1 on the card!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968