www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, this has happened to me twice now. It's a good problem to have if I say so. I sometimes play alone and throw multiple disc drives and sometimes play with friends. None of us "my group of friends" have ever aced off our first drive whether alone or with each other.

Basically, here's the question (I know it's superficial). I've hit a "hole-in-one" twice while alone. Once on my 5th drive and once on my 8th. When someone asks, do I say I've aced or not. It's all opinion obviously but it was pretty disappointing having noone with me or see it both times except God.

What do you guys think counts as a real ace?

Tags: Ace

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've talked to a lot of people on this and I think it all comes down to your personal opinion. If you want to count it than GREAT for you. There are Pro's out there that because they have not aced during a tourney will not claim they have aced at all (even though they have dozens out during practice rounds)
If it pays me then it's an Ace. If I were playing a montly club round and I drove the fairway then said wait let me throw an extra and it went in I wouldn't get paid. An Ace is your first throw off the teepad. IMO
It's not an ace on the scorecard so it's not an ace. Period.

I think it would be fair to call it a very long deuce. Or in your case, a very long 5 or 8.

Just the knowledge that you can 'ace' the whole should count for something. If you can do it on your 5th or 8th or 60th try, you can do it on your 1st try.

My $.02.
well put.
Hutch said:

I think it would be fair to call it a very long deuce. Or in your case, a very long 5 or 8.

Just the knowledge that you can 'ace' the whole should count for something. If you can do it on your 5th or 8th or 60th try, you can do it on your 1st try.

My $.02.
I would say it was an ace, Think about how many times you see doubles being played and a cali takes a 2nd shot. If the cali hits on his 2nd shot and calls it an ace then by all means all practice aces should count.
I would have to disagree with this. Practice is practice. a Practice ace is still an ace. If I am practicing putts and it goes in it is still a putt, If I practice an upshot and it goes in it is still an upshot. If I practice a Tee-off and it goes in it is still an ace.

Hutch said:

My $.02.
I've always been a believer of first throw only but hitting an ace on a 2nd California throw brings up an interesting exception. No payment for aces on subsequent throws, though.
True, if you're practicing putts and they go in, they're still putts. If your practicing upshots and they go in, they're still up shots. What if they don't, however? If you miss a putt with one throw, it isn't a successful putt. If you miss an upshot with one throw, it is not a successful upshot. A drive that goes in on the first throw, whether in practice or in any other situation, is an ace. Any subsequent throw from the tee is no longer your first throw, and so therefore does not qualify for ace status.

Lawrence 'Larry' Leonardi JR said:
I would have to disagree with this. Practice is practice. a Practice ace is still an ace. If I am practicing putts and it goes in it is still a putt, If I practice an upshot and it goes in it is still an upshot. If I practice a Tee-off and it goes in it is still an ace.

Hutch said:

My $.02.
all i have to say is ACE means HOLE IN ONE . not 2or 3 or 4 or 5 just one DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree from tee to basket its a ace, unless your in competiton then its not a ace,because every throw counts.
Travis said:
p.s. a wise man once said, "Skill is getting it close, luck is when it goes in."

My only ace (practice or tournament) was in a doubles tournament. I threw first, knowing that my brother could get it close if I threw my disc past. So, naturally, I'm like, "I'll try to make it." And whaddya know...made it. So...there's skill in trying to do what I want.

I would call it a legit ace if it's your first throw from a tee. Even though most rounds are considered "practice rounds," if you knock it in on the first throw, I'd definitely count it. But, if it's your 2nd or 30th throw, I'd probably call it a "pace," "mace," or "posace" (practice ace, mulligan ace, or pieceofshit (i got an) ace). But, I'd tell people it was an ace unless the questioned me about it, in which I'd tell them the story.

Rock on brotha
For me, an ace occurs on your first throw from the tee-pad... anything thrown thereafter is just practice and doesn't count in the course of a game (unless you're playing with mulligans - which is CRAZY!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968